Lenovo S820, Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery File – A lot reader on my blog asking me, after installing custom recovery how do i can back to Lenovo Recovery ? Usually i ask them to make ROM backup first before performing any ROM modification, but sometime they feel difficult how to backup the current running ROM so because of this i will show how to restore Lenovo standard recovery to Lenovo S820 running S221 ROW version firmware.
This guide is using ROW_S221 recovery file, i don’t know if it can be use for firmware beside ROW_S221 but if you try, please give me the result so everybody can knows that this can be use for another ROW firmware version. This guide has possibility to brick your device so please follow this guide with careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. This guide using ROW_S221 recovery file but if you try to another version please give us the result. (DWYOR)
- Your device must be ROTED, if you plan to install this recovery file using MobileUncle
- Your device must be using ROW version firmware, this file different with china version recovery file so please don’t attempt to do on china version firmware.
- Only for ROW version firmware with Build Number S820_ROW_S221_140730 (Optional, I am never try it on different Build Number)
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- ROW_S221_Recovery ↦ contains recovery image file and android scatter file, this also can be use with MobileUnlce application
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ flash tool to install recovery file to your device, very suggestion to use this version, or you can use MobileUncle to install recovery file to your device.
- Download all files required on your computer, before continued to next step please make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your device so flash tool can recognize your device once it connected.
- Extract ROW_S221_recovery and Flash Tool on one folder for easy organize it, go to flash tool extracted folder and run flasht_tool.exe, remember to run it with administrator privilege if you are using windows 7 or later.
- On the flash tool check DA DL All with Checksum option, this is important don’t forget or you will get error after flashing. Now click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to ROW_S221_recovery extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this will automatically load recovery image to flash tool.
- Now you can press Download button or hit F9, warning information will show that tell you not all images successful loaded, just click Yes button. Flash tool will become stand by and ready to make connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, when ready connect your device to your computer using USB cable. Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this flashing just take 5-10 second to finish. When you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing is finish.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Please confirm that Lenovo Standard Recovery already installed on your device. go to recovery press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button until you can see language option.