Lenovo S820 Installing Vibe UI 2.0 with Google Applications 1443 – How to install Vibe UI 2.0 1443 on your Lenovo S820 with Google Applications included ? Today i will try to make guide how to do that, but first i must let you know that Vibe UI 2.0 is china version firmware so this ROM is only support 2 languages which is english and china, has many china applications that cannot be use outside china country, default this ROM not include Google Applications and no ROOT. So please very consider it before following this guide.
But Vibe UI 2.0 1443 is the latest official release from Lenovo that may fix and include all improvement for Lenovo S820, So if you like to update and modified your device than this guide is right for you.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_ST_S820
- Date : 11 / 2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : English and China
- Google Applications : Yes
- Root : Yes
- Current firmware must be china version, you can look at your About Phone, if your current ROM is ROW or International version then refer to this Lenovo S820 Flashing Official Stock China ROM S820_S141
- Must use China Standard Lenovo Recovery.
- VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_ST_S820 ↦ 683 Mb, contains zip file that can be use to update your Lenovo S820, no need to extract because install with zip method through recovery mode.
- S820-CWMrecovery-0625 ↦ 5.9 Mb, custom recovery for Vibe UI 2.0 using this custom you can install Root and Google Applications (china language)
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1316 ↦ Flash tool for flashing custom recovery to your Vibe UI 2.0 recommended to use this version because consider for compatibility.
- Vibe UI Cleaner ↦ scripts to remove all unwanted china applications from your Vibe UI 2.0
- 4.4Root ↦ Root application to rooting your Vibe UI 2.0, installed using recovery mode method.
- Google Applications Minimal 4.4.2 ↦ contains all google applications to install on Vibe UI 2.0
- BusyBox v1.22 ↦ must be installed before install gapps and after install rooting.
- Download all required files to your computer, Move or copy VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_ST_S820, Vibe UI Cleaner, Google Applications Minimal 4.4.2 and 4.4Root to your external SD Card, don’t extract it and don’t put inside the folder.
- Turn of your device, press and hold Power button + Volume Up button until you can see language option. Choose English ↦ Update
- Installation will start just wait until process update finish, it will take about 5-6 minutes to finish. Select Reboot, first boot will be take about 5-6 minutes to finish so please be patient, finish this step you already update your Lenovo S820 to Vibe UI 2.0, if you wanna rooting and installing google applications just continued to the next step.
- Make sure USB VCOM driver already install completely before continued to the next step, extract CWMrecovery and Flash Tool on the same folder for easy organize it.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege for avoid any permission error. on the flash tool check DA DL ALL with Checksum option, and the press Scatter-Loading button, point it to S820-CWMrecovery-0625/MT6589_Android_scatter.txt this will automatically load all recovery.img (rename S820-CWMrecovery-0625.img to recovery.img) on the flash tool.
- Now press Download button or hit F9, When there is warning that tell not all images correctly loaded just press OK button.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, connect your device to your computer. flash tool will recognize your device and start flashing process. This process will only take 10-15 seconds to finish. When you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool than you can disconnect your device.
- Disconnect your device but don’t turn it on first, for now you already successful update your Lenovo S820 to Vibe UI 2.0 with CN Custom Recovery. Go to recovery mode by hold and press Power button + Volume Up button, install 4.4Root, BusyBox v1.22, Vibe UI Cleaner, and the last is install Google Applications Minimal 4.4.2 using recovery mode, use below picture for reference. Installation sequence must be like above, with Google Applications install last.
- Done, Now you already successful upgrade Lenovo S820 with Vibe UI 2.0 include Google Applications and ROOT.