Lenovo S820 Flashing Official Stock China ROM S820_S141- This guide will discuss how to flashing china ROM on Lenovo S820, this china ROM is official release for Lenovo S820 so it will be fit with all Lenovo S820 around the world. Purpose flashing china ROM on Lenovo S820 is we wanna to update Lenovo S820 to Vibe UI 2.0 which is the new release with many improvement for your device. First let me explain about this china ROM, Lenovo has 2 kind of firmware for it device one is China ROM version and second is the International or also we called it ROW version. So China ROM out first then it will modified to become ROW version with added Google Applications and support many different languages (multi language).
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S820_S141_130813
- Date : 13-08-2013
- OS : Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Language : English and China
- Google Applications : No
- Root : No
- S820_S141_130813 ↦ 859 Mb, contains all images ROM for flashing your device, this file only use with flash tool.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1316 ↦ flash tool to flash the downloaded ROM to your device, required to use the same version with this guide. You can download this or you can use the one that included on downloaded ROM.
- Download all required files above, place it on one folder to easy organized it. The most important is you must make sure that the USB VCOM driver is installed completely before continued to the next step.
- Extract the ROM and Flash Tool on the same folder, extract again target_bin from downloaded ROM.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 or later please run flash tool with administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this action will load all ROM images to the flash tool.
- Please check DA DL All with Checksum option.
- When everything is set up, just click Download button or hit F9, flash tool will initialize the ROM images and become ready to get connect with your device. When you got error (8038) when connect your device just press Firmware ↦ Upgrade instead of Download
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, wait for 5-10 second after remove the battery and when you ready just connect your device. Flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when it finish it will show GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to boot your device. When you has success booting please confirm that your Build Number same with the downloaded ROM, System Setting ↦ About Phone.