Lenovo S820, Change Modem Firmware to Get Better Signal Reception
Lenovo S820, Change Modem Firmware to Get Better Signal Reception – Lenovo S820 modem firmware can be change if needed, when you have bad signal reception maybe you wanna try to change Lenovo S820 modem firmware, this is one of advantage when you have Lenovo S820 with root permission.
Today i will post a guide how to change Lenovo S820 modem firmware so you can get better siganl reception, but always remember everything once you change it you could never be back to your old modem firmware except you backup it first. This guide has possibility to brick your device and erase your data so please consider it before start following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- the only requirements to following this guide is already install with custom recovery, TWRP or CWM but if you still don’t have you can follow this guide Root, Custom Recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 for Lenovo S820 Android Kit Kat ROW Version
- S820.V12_modem ↦ used in Chinese firmware: S129, S135, S137, S139 (Android 4.2.1)
- S820.V17_modem ↦ used in ROW firmware: S114, S115 (Android 4.2.1)
- S820.V19_modem ↦ used in ROW firmware: S117 (Android 4.2.1)
- S820.V50_modem ↦ used in the Chinese firmware: S507, S512 (Android 4.2.2)
- S820.V51_modem ↦ used in Chinese firmware: VIBE 1343 (Android 4.2.2)
- S820.V52_modem ↦ used in the Chinese firmware: VIBE 1346 and above (Android 4.2.2)
- This guide will use TWRP custom recovery, but CWM also have the same menu as TWRP so you still can follow this guide using CWM custom recovery.
- Download the modem file you are going to flash on your device. Move or copy the modem files to your SD card root, don’t place it inside the folder.
- Turn off your device, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button and release until you can see TWRP main menu. This combination button will bring your device to boot on recovery mode.
- On the TWRP select Install ↦ Select Zip to Install navigate to your SD card where do you save the modem file and select it.
- When you already select it, just Swipe to Install. Installation progress will be show on the next windows, this installation only take 10-15 seconds. Select Reboot after finish install modem file.
- Boot normally and confirm with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ look on the Baseband Version make sure it same with the downloaded modem file.