Lenovo S660 Update with Android KitKat Official OTA S058
Lenovo S660 Update with Android KitKat Official OTA S058 – Official firmware Android KitKat for Lenovo S660 already released but this can only be obtain via OTA updated and just only from firmware version S660_ROW_S047, so if your current firmware is S660_ROW_S047 then you need to check your system update. But you can also obtain the file and flashing it without internet access, and today i will show you how to do it. This guide already confirm that no data deleted after the update process but for prepare please make full backup your current ROM before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR).
update 30-09-2014 : apparently this update can be obtain from firmware version S039, after update to S660_S039 check your System Settings ↦ Update System
ROM Description :Build Number : S660 ROW_S058_140919
- Date : 19-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Language : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- USB cannot detect as Storage (USB Storage disable)
- Application menu is missing
- Android 4.4.2
- Full firmware update
- Improve battery life time
- Switch memory used, external SD Card.
- Improve speed
- Update radio firmware
- S660 ROW_S058_140919 ↦ 507 Mb, Contains file to update Lenovo S660 to Android KitKat
- Make sure that your current firmware version is S660_ROW_S047, by looking at Build Number on About Phone page. This guide cannot be continued if your current firmware version is not S660_ROW_S047
- Download all required files on computer, extract it and move update.zip to your external SD Card, place it on the root your SD Card, don’t inside the folder. Don’t rename it or extract it just leave it like it should.
- Now reboot your device to recovery mode, in case you don’t know how to do it just turn off your device. Turn on again with press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, release it until you can see Standard Lenovo Recovery main menu.
- After successful go to recovery mode, update will start automatically. It will show the update process until finish, update will take time 3-5 minutes to finish, just wait and make sure you not run out battery.
- Done, now you can reboot your device. Verify your device firmware with go to System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ and look at Build Number, it must be same with downloaded ROM S660_ROW_S058