Lenovo S660, Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery for ROW Version – Today guide is for Lenovo S660 users that already change their recovery to custom recovery and want back to Lenovo Standard Recovery. This Lenovo Standard Recovery can be use to perform OTA update, so when you wanna perform OTA update you must first have this Lenovo Standard Recovery installed on your system. This guide is using flash tool method, it a little harder for people that never modified their firmware, but this guide also can be done using MobileUncle method for installing recovery to your device but first it need to be ROOTED devices. Better to have preparation backup before start following this guide because flashing guide has possibility to brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. This guide is only for ROW firmware version don’t attempt to do on china version firmware. (DWYOR)
- Devices must be ROOTED if you wanna use this recovery file with MobileUncle, more easy to use MobileUncle to restore Lenovo Standard Recovery
- This guide is only valid for devices installed with ROW version firmware, don’t attempt to try on china version firmware it will brick your device. You can see firmware version on About Phone ↦ Version Information
- This download distinguished by it version number, i never tried to flashing different version number, but if you already tried please give me the result.
- S035_Lenovo_Recovery ↦ Lenovo Standard Recovery for S035 ROW version firmware, contains recovery image and scatter file.
- S039_Lenovo_Recovery ↦ Lenovo Standard Recovery for S039 ROW version firmware, contains recovery image and scatter file.
- S058_Lenovo_Recovery ↦ Lenovo Standard Recovery for S058 ROW version firmware, contains recovery image and scatter file. This is Android KitKat version
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1416 ↦ Use this flash tool if you try to restore S058 version firmware, recommended to use this download tool.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1336 ↦ Use this flash tool if you try to restore S039 and S035 version firmware, recommended to use this download tool.
- Download all required files to restore Lenovo standard recovery, because this guide is using flash tool then you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is already completely installed on your computer.
- Extract your firmware version Lenovo recovery file and suitable flash tool to one folder, this is for easy organize it. Now go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, make sure you already check the DA DL All with Checksum option.
- Now click on Scatter-Loading button point it to Lenovo recovery extracted folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool.
- When everything is set up you can click Download button (4) or hit F9, warning information will pop up and tell you that not all images loaded completely. Just press Yes button and continued to the next step.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, when you ready connect your device to computer using USB cable, if USB VCOM driver installed properly then flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process.
- Flashing process will only take 5-10 second to finish, when you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle flash tool than flashing process already finish.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Confirm that you already success restore Lenovo Standard Recovery to your device by go to recovery mode, press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down release until you can see language option.
For update OTA from S058 to S062 you will failed if you use Lenovo standard recovery from above, use TWRP or CWM it will work for you.