Lenovo S660 Install Official Firmware S660_ROW_S039_140517
Lenovo S660 Install Official Firmware S660_ROW_S039_140517 – This is an official ROW update for Lenovo S660, Flashing official ROM is something that we must know if we want to modified our devices. Because when something bad happen, we already know how to restore it to original firmware. Today i will post how to install official ROW firmware for Lenovo S660, Lenovo S660 yet have Kit Kat firmware so this version is still using Jelly Bean (Android 4.2) with include Gapps so don’t bother to think how to ROOT and install Gapps. Before we start i must warn you that this guide can brick your device so please consider it very care fully before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial (DWYOR). Due different WCDMA frequency this ROM can only work for Lenovo S660 UE version.
Rom Descriptions :
- Build Number : S660_ROW_S039_140517
- Date : 17.05.14
- OS : Android 4.2.2
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Optimize Memory
- Fix on proximity sensor
- Increase device stability
- Fix bad translation
- S660_ROW_S039_140517 ↦ This download required you to login, if you don’t have any username or password then please visit at About Android Rookies page. You can see our username and password please use it just for download and don’t change any password on it.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP_Flash_Tool_v3.133 ↦ This is optional download, When you download S660_ROW_S039_140517 it also contains this tool on downloaded file.
- In this guide is the most important is installing USB VCOM Driver, so please make sure that you already successful installing USB VCOM Driver first before continued this guide. Downloads and extracts all required files to your computer. To easy organize it please place it on one folder.
- Go to S660_ROW_S039_140517 extracted folder, you will found SP_Flash_Tool_v3.133 folder inside it. Now go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.133 and run Flash Tool, if you using windows 7 please run it with administrator privilege.
- Click on Scatter-Loading button and point to S660_ROW_S039_140517/target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this will automatic load the necessary files to it places. Tick on option DA DL All with Check Sum, this is an important option if you not tick it then you will got error after flashing.
- When all ready set up now press Download button or hit F9. Don’t ever press Format button, this will erase all your partition and you will gone lose your IMEI.
- SP Flash Tool will on stand by mode and waiting for device to connect. Turn off your device and remove the battery, now connect your device using USB cable. When USB VCOM Driver installation success SP Flash Tool will immediately recognize your device and the flashing process will start.
- Flashing process can be see by progress bar that show on the bottom of SP Flash Tool. Progress bar will be begin with RED, PURPLE, YELLOW and will be ended with GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of SP Flash Tool. When you see this sign then flashing process already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Finish, Now try to normal boot and go to home screen, Confirm that your Lenovo S660 already using S660_ROW_S039_140517 firmware version. System Setting ↦ About Phone