Lenovo S660 Insstalling TWRP 126.96.36.199 on ROW_S058 and Vibe UI 2.0 – This is an update for Lenovo S660 that already installed with TWRP custom recovery on Android KitKat international version with build number ROW_S058 and china version Vibe UI 2.0
This guide will update your custom recovery with TWRP version 188.8.131.52 or newest TWRP version that already been modified by Section P70 from Lenovo russian forum. Custom recovery needed when you wanna backup , restore, install root package and etc many advantage can we get from installing custom recovery, but with custom recovery installed on your system you will not able to install OTA update. So please you need very consider it before following this guide, and please do system backup first.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. This guide will lose your ability to get OTA update (DWYOR)
- Lenovo S660 must have firmware with build number S660 ROW_S058_140919 or Installed with china version Vibe UI 2.0
- Already have modified recovery, with CWM or TWRP, refer to this guide Install TWRP 184.108.40.206 on Lenovo S660 Running Android 4.4.2
- update_TWRP_S660_S058_KK ↦ this is installation package for Lenovo S660 with build number S058, never try for S062 but if you try it please give update on the comments
- update_TWRP_S660_Vibe2_KK ↦ this is installation package for Lenovo S660 with firmware build number Vibe UI 2.0
- Download needed file, depend on your system. Select one and place it on your external sd card, put it on the external sd card root don’t put inside the folder.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, release it when you see recovery mode main menu.
- On custom recovery main menu select Install ↦ Select Zip to Install ↦ then select the downloaded files on your external sd card, Swipe to Install or on CWM select the file, confirm ever warning that show and begin to install.
- Wait until installation progress is finish
- Select Reboot System, you can also press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button while reboot the system so it will reboot to recovery mode.
- Done, go to recovery mode and see if your custom recovery already change.
Congratulations, you already success update Lenovo S660 custom recovery to the TWRP v220.127.116.11, this is the latest modification TWRP for Lenovo S660, please leave comments if you found problems or any broken links regarding this guide. Thank You