Lenovo S660, How to Install Custom Recovery on VIbe UI 2.0 1437
Lenovo S660, How to Install Google Service on VIbe UI 2.0 1437 – Vibe UI 2.0 is official release from Lenovo china this is the latest firmware for Lenovo S660 but this china version. If you wanna install Lenovo S660 with Vibe UI 2.0 you can see this guide How to Update Lenovo S660 with Android 4.4.2 Vibe UI 2.0 1437. Most of china version release is not contains google play services, so today guide is how to installing google play on Lenovo S660 running the latest Vibe UI 2.0 1437.
Vibe UI 2.0 is the latest ROM for Lenovo devices, this is china firmware so it not contains google services and only have 2 languages installed on the system (english and china), it also have many china applications that not working if you using outside china country. But Vibe UI 2.0 have the latest update for bug and system improvement. This guide is only for china devices, cannot use for International devices and will error on start up.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR). Only for Lenovo S660 bought on china
- This guide is only for china phone and already installed with Vibe UI 2.0 1437, i never try to use this guide for another Vibe UI 2.0 version.
- This guide can make your device brick, and must be re-flashing to fix it, so please consider it very careful
- Do backup first before following this guide,
- Recovery-TWRP_S660-CN ↦ custom recovery that need to installed before you can root and install google services
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1348 ↦ flash tool used to flash update ROM to your devices, recommended to use this version only.
- Download all files that needed, This guide is using flash tool method so it need you to install USB VCOM driver first before start following this guide, without USB VCOM flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will remain at 0%
- Extract recovery file and flash tool on your computer, place it at one folder for easy organize it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it as administrator to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and make sure that DA DL All with Checksum already being checked, press [x] to close and back to flash tool
- Back to flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button browse it to recovery extracted folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this action will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool. On download option please choose Download Only and then click on Download button
- Now turn off your device and remove your battery, wait for 5 second then you can connect your device to your computer. Flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin installation process, it will take 5-10 seconds to finish and will be mark with GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool
- Done, you already success installing custom recovery on Lenovo S660 running Vibe UI 2.0. Confirm it with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down while turning on your device.