Lenovo S650, How to Re-Partition Internal Memory on Vibe UI 2.0 1439 – One thing that different among International version and China version is internal capacity from each ROM, International version ROM have internal memory around 5Gb that can be use by users to install applications but on China version it only have around 2.5Gb. This issue bothering users that wanna install china version Vibe UI 2.0.
Today guide is i wanna show you how to re partition your internal memory on Lenovo S650 that running Vibe UI 2.0 to have bigger storage capacity. For your information, this guide is gone edit the partition table on your device and that should not be done if you don’t understand about android device. This guide has possibility to brick your device if something wrong happen so please consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Device with china version firmware, this guide tried on Lenovo S650 running Vibe UI 2.0 1439
- Rooted devices, Lenovo S650, How to Root Vibe UI 2.0 China version Firmware 1439
- Custom recovery installed, Lenovo S650, How to Install Custom Recovery TWRP Vibe UI 2.0 1439
- Will lose ability to use phone storage.
- rp_5.5+0.5gb-cn ↦ If you use this file for re-partition your internal memory, it will give you 5.5Gb /data partition and ~0.5Gb phone storage or around 566Mb
- rp_6.0+0.0gb-cn1 ↦ Using this file for re-partition your internal memory, you will get 6.0Gb /data partition and ~0.0Gb phone storage or 55Mb
- First thing to do is make sure you can successful boot on TWRP recovery mode, for able to boot on recovery mode do with this button combinations, press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down and release once you see TWRP main menu.
- Boot to normal again when you sure you already install TWRP, download and copy the required file on your external SD Card, don’t extract it.
- Once again reboot your device to recovery mode.
- On TWRP, select Backup ↦ Give tick on Boot, System, Cache, and Data ↦ Swipe to backup
- After finish backup don’t reboot the system, back to main menu and select Install ↦ Select zip to install point to external SD Card where you store rp_5.5+0.5gb-cn or rp_6.0+0.0gb-cn1 and select it to install.
- Swipe to confirm flash, wait the process to finish. This process will re-partition your device partition table and the extract format.zip on your external SD Card. When finish it will reboot to recovery automatically (if not reboot, do manual reboot to recovery mode)
- Back to main menu again, select Install ↦ Select zip to install point to external SD Card and then select format.zip. If it result error mounting /eMMC then back to main menu again select Wipe ↦ Swipe to Factory Reset and then install format.zip again.
- This step is optional, Back to recovery mode again select Restore ↦ Select package to restore point to external SD Card where you store backup files then give tick on Data ↦ Swipe to Restore, wait until finish and then Reboot your device
- Done, confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ Storage and see that your internal memory is increase.