Lenovo S650 Flashing Newest Firmware Multilanguage – Lenovo S650 or known as Vibe X mini, Lenovo device always has 2 kind of firmware, CN and ROW. For multi language ROM we need to install ROW (Rest of World) when you first got your Lenovo S650 from shop it might be installed with CN firmware, CN firmware only has 2 language which is english and chinesse and has a lot off china applications which cannot be used outside the china country. So a lot people wanna to remove this china applications and install more language in their device. Today this guide will teach how to install Mulit Language ROM for Lenovo S650 using SP Flash Tool.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Screen Shots :
- Backup your original ROM, you will need it when something happen with your device. For full backup use MtkDroidTool, if you don’t know how to do please refer to How to Make Full Backup For MediaTek device
- Backup your IMEI, sometime when you do a flashing ROM your IMEI lost or become un available this because when you do flashing it delete NVRAM folder. Result of IMEI lost is all your cell activity become inactive cannot call, internet and messaging. Backup your IMEI using MobileUncle Droid Tool
- Download and install Lenovo USB Driver to your computer, Windows 8 maybe get some problem when installing the driver, please disable driver signature.
- Download and install SP Drivers v1.5 to your computer, this installation need to be done manually because it has not any exe file. Connect your phone in off position, your computer will detect any unknown hardware and will ask for driver navigate it to SP Drivers v1.5 extracted folder.
- S650_ROW_S116_140423 (1.1 GB)
- Extract S650_ROW_S116_140423, there will be S650_ROW_UpgradeTool, apdb, modemdb and Target_bin folders. In this first guide you will only need S650_ROW_UpgradeTool and Target_bin folders.
- Open S650_ROW_UpgradeTool folder and run Flash_Tool, if you using windows 7 or windows 8 then run it as administrator. Check DA DL With All CheckSum don’t forget this is important option forget this will make your device cannot boot with DA error.
- Click on Scatter-Loading button and navigate to Target_binMT6582_Android_scatter when you finish select then scatter file the rest will be automate inserted.
- Finish configured S650_ROW_UpgradeTool, now turn off your device and remove the battery. Press Download button or hit F9 wait for S650_ROW_UpgradeTool to initialize then connect your Lenovo S650 using USB cable.
- Wait for S650_ROW_UpgradeTool to recognize your device and begin to flashing process, This flashing process mark by a RED, YELLOW bars in progress box. When flashing process finish it will mark with a GREEN circle in the middle of S650_ROW_UpgradeTool.
- Done, your device will reboot automatic and start to boot with the new firmware. confirm it with go to System Settings ↦ About. This new firmware already contains Google Apps (Gapps) but NOT ROOTED