Lenovo Phones, How to Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery
Lenovo Phones, How to Restore Lenovo Standard Recovery – Changing custom recovery is always done by android user because it give lot advantage, but sometime we need to restore back to standard recovery because we wanna to do OTA update. And sometime we not save or backup our original recovery file before modified or changing to custom recovery.
Today in this guide i will give you a guide on how to restore Lenovo Standard Recovery files from the ROM files that you have, this guide is using flash tool method to flash the recovery file and also be done with MobileUncle but for MobileUncle you need your phone to be Rooted. Do this guide with your own risk, this guide can possibility make your device bootloop so please consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- This guide is using flash tool, so please make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed completely on your computer, to do it just follow this USB VCOM Driver ↦ Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- Full ROM your device, ROM that can be flash using flash tool recommended that you have the same version with your current running ROM. In this guide i am using S850_ROW_S214_150109 for example.
- SP Flash Tool that fit with your device, for S850 i am using v3.1324 but you can use your own, usually full ROM download include with flash tool.
- First think to do is make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed on your computer completely without this flash tool will not recognize your device and the status bar only on 0%
- Open and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option, every time flashing using flash tool this option must be checked. Click on Scatter-Loading button, browse it to ROM folder and then select scatter file inside target_bin. In this guide my scatter file is MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this action will automatically load all required images to flash tool.
- All images will be checked automatically also, to flashing only recovery image remove all check list except on recovery image (3). Finally press Download button, this will give information warning, just confirm it with pressing Yes button.
- Now you ready to flash only recovery image to your device. Turn off your device, if your device use removable battery you must remove the battery and if not using removable battery you must make sure that your device is completely turn off before connect to computer.
- Connect your device, and flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. This will only take 5-10 second and when it finish it will show GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
- Done, Confirm it with boot to recovery mode, most Lenovo device use combination Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button to boot to recovery mode.