Lenovo P780,How to Update Firmware ROW Version S226 – For now Lenovo P780 already have update for latest firmware which is P780_ROW_S227 on the net this update still not available for installing with pc method, this can be obtain only from OTA update. So easy way to obtain OTA update S227 is installing S226 firmware to your device. So today i will posting how to flashing ROW_S226 to your Lenovo P780.
This flashing guide will erase all your data on the device and have possibility to brick your device, so please do it with careful. If you never been flashing your device before please make some backup preparations before start following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : P780_S226_ROW_140919
- Date : 19-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Language : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- P780_S226_ROW_140919 ↦ 742.6 Mb, contains full image to update your Lenovo P780 to firmware version ROW_S226. 4Gb and 8Gb
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.3152 ↦ this is optional download, flash tool already include on the ROM download above, but please make sure you use this version flash tool.
- Download all required files on your computer, because this guide is using flash tool method so please make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed correctly on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract ROM download and flash tool on the same folder, this is for easy organize the files. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later than please run it using administrator privilege for avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, open Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and please make sure that DA DL All with Checksum option is already checked, if not please check it Press [x]for close the options window and back to flash tool
- Back to flash tool, press Scatter-Loading button and browse it to ROM extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file, once the scatter loaded it will also automatically load all necessary images file to flash tool, flash tool will process the images files just wait until finish.
- Change Download Only option to Firmware Upgrade mode, then you can press Download button or hit CTRL + D. Flash tool will begin process the images file, just wait until flash tool become stand by and ready to make connection with your device.
- Now tunr off your device, and remove all attach accessory from your device, battery, SIM card, SD Card. When you ready please connect your device to your computer using USB cable, flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start the flashing process. This flashing process will take 5-6 minutes and will finish with GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Try to turn on your device and go to home screen, confirm your device Build Number by go to System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ Device Information make sure it same with the downloaded ROM.