Lenovo P780 Upgrade with Vibe UI v2.0 + Google Applications
Lenovo P780 Upgrade with Vibe UI v2.0 + Google Applications – Today guide i will try to give or show how to update Lenovo P780 to VIbe UI v2.0 and also install google service on it. This guide will be very long and complicated and very dangerous to follow for beginner, please consider it first before following this guide.
Vibe UI v2.0 using CN version firmware so it will only have 2 languages, CN and EN and it will contains many unwanted chinese applications that will not work if you outside china country. But this can be remove once you ROOT your device.
This guide only try for once with success rate 70%, this guide can brick your device and make you lost your data.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR) – Consider about lags, and access root on some applications
Must Do :
- Full backup your current ROM, using MTK Droid Tool or using Custom Recovery Backup.
- Backup your IMEI using MobileUncle MTK Tools ↦ needed ROOT, and make sure you backup store at external SD Card.
- If your current ROM is ROW / International or Vibe UI v2.0 then you must follow this guide from start / Format your device and install CN version ROM.
- New design improvement
- Using latest Android Source
- Update on major components like dialer, toggle / notifications, etc
- Feel experience using IOS on Android phone.
- P780_S129_130710 ↦ 782 Mb, contains full S129 CN ROM images files, if you already use CN ROM version than no need to download this.
- VIBEUI_V2.0_1437_ST_P780 ↦ 647 Mb, contain Vibe UI v2.0 ROM
- CWM 22.214.171.124 ↦ 5.8 Mb, custom recovery CWM 126.96.36.199 for CN ROM only, cannot be use for ROW version
- Gapps Light_4.4.2 signed ↦ 45 Mb, contain google applications.
- SuperUser v1.05 ↦ 3.3 Mb, Root applications and SU binary.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- Vibe UI Cleaner ↦ this use to clean all chinese applications on Vibe UI ROM, download it if you wanna remove all chinese applications
- Download all required files, make sure USB VCOM driver is successful installed on your pc, without this you cannot continued to next step.
- Move or copy VIBEUI_V2.0_1437_ST_P780, Gapps Light_4.4.2 signed, Vibe UI Cleaner and SuperUser v1.05 to your external SD Card. Place it on external SD Card root, don’t inside the folder.
- Before continued to the next step make sure you already make backup preparations
- Installing P780_S129 ROM
- extract P780_S129_130710, then extract again target_bin.rar and P780升级工具_20130312(v3.1304.0.119).rar ↦ this is a flash tool that needed to flash ROM to Lenovo devices. If you found that the flash tool cannot be run then download this Flash Tool v3.1304
- Open SP Flash Tool folder, find Flash Tool and run it, if you using windows 7 try to run using administrator privileges. Please check DA DL All with Check Sum this is an important option please don’t forget it or you will finish with error on boot. Now click Scatter-Loading button then point it to target_bin/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will load all files required to flash tool.
- Press Download button or hit F9, flash tool will begin initialize the ROM files, wait until finish and flash tool in stand by mode.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, wait for 2-3 seconds then connect your device using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. The process will take 5-6 minutes, just wait until you can see the GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool
- Now you can disconnect your device, but don’t turn it on first. Continued to next step.
- Installing Custom Recovery CWM 188.8.131.52
- This step is like above step but using the different files, extract CWM 184.108.40.206 it will contains 2 files MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and recovery.img.
- Open SP Flash Tool folder, find Flash Tool and run it, if you using windows 7 try to run using administrator privileges. Please check DA DL All with Check Sum this is an important option please don’t forget it or you will finish with error on boot. Now click Scatter-Loading button then point it to recovery_cwm_p780/MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool
- Press Download button or hit F9, if you got warning that tell not all images loaded properly just click Yes button
- Turn off your device again and remove the battery, connect your device to your computer, and the flash tool will begin starting the flashing process. It will take 5-10 seconds to finish the process.
- When you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool, this mean you can disconnect your device but still don’t urn it on yet . and continued to next step
- Installing Vibe UI v2.0 1437
- Go to recovery mode, if you don’t know how just press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down release until you can see CWM main menu
- On CWM main menu, Select Install zip from sdcard ↦ Choose zip from sdcard ↦ point to VIBEUI_V2.0_1437_ST_P780, confirm all and begin to start update process, this process will take 5-6 minutes so please be patient and wait the process.
- After finish back to CWM main menu again and repeat above step but with different file, now point it to Vibe UI Cleaner, this process will remove unwanted chinese applications from your device.
- Wait until finish and back to CWM main menu, Now select Reboot System Now, When there is an option Root or Revert Recovery please select No your device will reboot and enter to Home Screen.
- Until this step you already successful upgrade your Lenovo P780 with Vibe UI v2.0 1437, try to change the language to english and confirm your version by go to System Setting ↦ About Phone
- Installing Google Applications and Rooting
- Turn off your device and go to recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button release when you see CWM main menu.
- Select Install zip from sdcard ↦ Choose zip from sdcard ↦ point to Gapps Light_4.4.2 signed, when installation finish back to main menu again.
- Select Install zip from sdcard ↦ Choose zip from sdcard ↦ point to SuperUser v1.05 this will root your device.
- Back on CWM main menu, select Reboot System Now, device will reboot and begin updating system applications, wait until you can see your Home screen.