Lenovo P780, Restore Standard Lenovo Recovery for ROW Version Firmware
Lenovo P780, Restore Standard Lenovo Recovery for ROW Version – On Lenovo brand OTA update can only be installed with Lenovo standard recovery, when you already change it or modified it with custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, you just will be notified that there is an update but you cannot installed it on your device.
So if you already change to custom recovery and wanna update your device with OTA method than you need to change or restore to Lenovo standard recovery, this can only be done with flashing back the recovery file to your device with flash tool or MobileUncle (Rooted devices only). Please do your own backup preparations before start following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- In this guide i am using firmware for Lenovo P780 4Gb, i don’t try it if it flash to Lenovo P780 8Gb. But if you tried it please leave a comments for the result.
- This recovery file on download section be distinguished with it version, but i think it does not matter which version you use as long as it ROW version.
- The guide is only for International or ROW version only cannot be use for china version due different in partition model.
- Do backup preparations first before following this guide.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- S222_140817_Recovery ↦ contains recovery file taken from the firmware S222_140817 row version.
- S123_131231_Recovery ↦ contains recovery file taken from the firmware S223_131231 row version.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ flash tool needed to flashing or installing recovery files to your devices, recommended to use only this version
- First think that you must to do is install USB VCOM driver on your computer, you must to do manual installation because the download file not contains exe file. Make sure that USB VCOM is completely installed before continued to the next step.
- Download the desire recovery file and flash tool, and extract it on the same folder for easy organize it.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, go to go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and make sure you have already check DA DL All with Checksum option, Click [x] to close the options windows and back to flash tool
- Back on flash tool, click Scatter-Loading button and browse it to recovery extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool.
- Set download option to Download Only (2) and then press Download button (4) or you can hit CTRL+D.
- Flash tool become stand by with all button disable, turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect to your computer with USB cable, flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flash process, the process will only take 10-15 second to finish. When you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean, flash process already finish.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Go to Recovery Mode and confirm that you already success flashing Lenovo Standard Recovery.