Lenovo P780, OTA Update to the Latest ROW Firmware Version S227
Lenovo P780, OTA Update to the Latest ROW Firmware Version S227 – The latest ROW firmware version for Lenovo P780 already out, it has build number S227_ROW_141219. Until this guide is release build number S227_ROW_141219 only available for OTA update, no files found to use on the flash tool.
If you wanna obtain this version online, you must have P780_S226_ROW_140919 for your current running firmware and do system update check, you will be notice that there is an update for your firmware. But if you wanna do offline than you can follow this guide, this guide technically will not erase your data, but will remove your ROOT privilege so after finish you must re ROOT again. But for safe please do backup preparations before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Description :
- Build Number : P780_S227_ROW_141219
- Date : 19-12-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus (formerly CIS), is not intended to Malaysia, Vietnam, Turkey and so on – they have different firmware and it is not ready yet
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Must use Lenovo Standard Recovery file, without any changes on system made.
- Current firmware running on your device is P780_S226_ROW_140919, without any change on system files
- Please do your own backup preparations.
- Download patch for update Lenovo P780 to the latest version above, and move it or copy on your external SD card, remember to copy and move it on the SD card root, don’t inside the folder.
- The update file name is update.zip, don’t extract it or rename it just keep the name and format like original one.
- Now turn off your device, because wee need to boot to recovery mode, if you have MobileUncle you can also use it for booting to recovery mode. Press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down, release it when you see Android logo.
- When there is no problem then update process will automatically start, you can see the blue line as the progress bar and there will be log that detail what happen on the update process.
- After finish update process your device will reboot automatically, if you got boot loop or stuck on the Lenovo logo then you have to press the RED BUTTON below SD card slot and boot to recovery mode.
- On the recovery mode you have to do Wipe Data / Factory Reset, for navigation use Volume Down and use Volume Up to select the menu. After finish Wipe Data / Factory Reset just do normal reboot.
- Finish, you already success update your Lenovo P780 to the latest version, please confirm it and make sure the Build Number is same with the downloaded ROM.