Lenovo P780, Installing TWRP 184.108.40.206 for China and ROW version ROM – Today guide i will post about how to install custom recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 on your Lenovo P780, installing custom recovery is one modification that must be done if you wanna optimize your device performance, besides rooting.
Custom recovery have many advantage, backup or restore, installing custom ROM or rooting file, re partition your device memory and etc. But it also have disadvantage, you can’t performance an OTA update and your warranty is also void because you already change the system file. This guide is about to change your Lenovo standard recovery with custom recovery, this guide has possibility to brick your device also, please consider it if you wanna follow it.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- do backup first before start following this guide, once your Lenovo standard recovery replace with this it will never be restore.
- can be use for china firmware and international / ROW firmware version.
- this guide using flash tool, but you can also use Mobile Uncle or Recovery Mode method to flashing this.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- TWRP_v18.104.22.168_P780_CN_KK ↦ for china firmware only, download this if your device using china firmware.
- TWRP_v22.214.171.124_P780_ROW_KK ↦ download this if you are using ROW or International firmware version.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1304 ↦ tool that needed to flash custom recovery to your device, recommend to use only this version
- Download all required files to your computer, and make sure the USB VCOM driver is properly installed on your computer. Without this driver flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will remaining at 0%
- Extract flash tool and recovery files on the same folder for easy organize it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool check DA DL All with Checksum option, and then click on Scatter-Loading button browse it to custom recovery extracted folder and the select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, once you load it, it will automatically load recovery.img to your flash tool.
- Now you can press the Download button or hit F9, flash tool will give warning information that not all images loaded correctly. Confirm it will press Yes button.
- Now turn off your device and then remove the battery, connect your device using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize your device and flashing progress will start, it will take 5-10 seconds to finish and will be mark with GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool
- Done, disconnect your device and reboot to recovery mode by press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down until you can see TWRP v126.96.36.199 main menu.