Lenovo A850, How to Installing Custom Recovery CWM v126.96.36.199 and TWRP v188.8.131.52 – Custom recovery have may useful function that can be used by android user to optimize his devices, the main use of custom recovery is we can make full backup of our current running ROM and we can install unsign custom ROM to our devices.
Today i will write guide how to installing custom recovery on Lenovo A850, this guide is using flash tool method and using windows computer to run it. The advantage using flash tool is you don’t need to root your device first when you wanna to install custom recovery. But using flash tool is more difficult and has possibility to brick your device, so please consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Can be use for both china and international firmware version, but sometime can result error on the newest international firmware version
- Backup your data first, and prepare ROM files in case you got brick when following this guide, brick can only be fix with re flashing.
- The file in this guide can also be use for MobileUncle method, but you need to root your device first fo using MobileUncle
- ROW_TWRP_CWM_recovery ↦ contain cwm and twrp file for international firmware version, also contains android scatter file that can be use for flash tool.
- CN_TWRP_CWM_recovery ↦ contain cwm and twrp file for china firmware version, also contains android scatter file that can be use for flash tool.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ flash tool need to flashing or install firmware to your device, recommended to use only this version tool.
- Download all files on the download section, this guide is using flash tool method and using windows computer so you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is installed properly before start following this guide.
- Extract recovery to your computer, you will got recovert_TWRP_184.108.40.206.img and recovery_z_CWM_220.127.116.11.img. Rename the file that you wanna use to recovery.img.
- Extract the flash tool, and run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, please check DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button. Browse it to recovery extracted folder and the select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this action will load recovery.img to the flash tool
- When everything is set up, now just press Download button, it will trigger warning information that tell not all images loaded correctly, just confirm by press Yes button.
- Now turn off your device and remove battery, wait for 5-10 second then connect your device to computer. Flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, the process will take 5-10 second to finish. And when you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish successful.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to turn it on. First try to normal boot to see that your device not bootloop or brick, or you can straight to press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button to go to recovery mode.