Lenovo A536 Update to the Latest International Version ROW_S168_141219 – This is the latest update for Lenovo A536 that release on the 19th December 2014, this guide will show you how to update your Lenovo A536 with the latest version through OTA method.
This is the only available way how to update beside online OTA, flash tool method still cannot be use because the lack of files to use using flash tool method. This update is official release for international version devices, this firmware has not been tested for devices bought in china. This guide will update your firmware devices, so please do backup preparation and IMEI backup before starting following this guide because there is possibility this guide will brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, After successful following this guide, you will received update to S175, suggestion don’t update it first because from confirmation it will brick your devices (DWYOR)
- Build Number : A536_S168_141219_ROW
- Date : 19-12-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Update will erase your data store on your devices, backup it first before starting following this guide
- No need computer to following this guide, so please make sure your battery is enough to complete this guide, battery > 60%
- China devices do with your own risk, never been tested on china devices.
- Only can be don if you have previous version S167, you can also obtain this update from online OTA update.
- A536_S168_141219_ROW ↦ 1 Gb, contains file that needed to update your device to S168 version, this file only can be flash using recovery mode.
- This guide using offline OTA method to perform an update, so you must download the ROM file from above link and move it or copy it to your computer. The ROM file must be rename to update.zip and must be copy on SD Card root.
- After move and rename the ROM file, now you can turn off your device. Turn it on again but now with press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, this combination key will make your device boot to recovery mode.
- When you successful boot your device to recovery mode, it will automatically begin to start update process, it will detect if you have update file on your SD Card.
- Just wait until installation finish, It will take around 3-4 minute to finish, and when it finish your device will reboot automatically.
- Press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down again to boot to recovery mode, now do Factory Reset
- Done, reboot your device normally. First boot will take longer so please be patient, when finish boot check and confirm that you have latest firmware for your Lenovo A536, go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ Version Information and make sure the Build Number is same with downloaded file.