Lenovo A536, Perform OTA Update to the Latest Version ROW_S167 – Firmware update for Lenovo A536 with the build number A536_S167_141216_ROW already release on the early of December, this can be obtain with OTA update.
Interesting of this update is, this can be installed from any previous version but i also have the condition that your previous version still using Lenovo Standard Recovery and not have been modified on system file. This update is will format or erase all your data on the device so please make backup preparation first before continued following this guide, it not only patch your system.
So today guide is how to perform OTA update for Lenovo A536 to the latest firmware version S167_ROW.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- For china devices, do this with your own risk. Only tested on device sold outside the china country.
- Only available for ROW version firmware, china firmware please don’t do this because it will not work.
- Make sure battery is > 50% and already have backup preparations
- A536_S167_141216_ROW ↦ 1 Gb, contains full installation file for update your Lenovo A536 to the latest version S167_ROW
- This update don’t required any computer so it not need to install any driver on your computer, just download A536_S167_141216_ROW to your computer and after finish move or copy it to your device external SD Card.
- On your device rename the A536_S167_141216_ROW to update.zip, just rename it don’t extract it, just leave it as update.zip and this file must be place on the root of your external SD Card
- Turn off your device, wait for completely turn off then press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down, release it when you can see recovery mode.
- Installation will begin automatically once you successful go to recovery mode, just wait installation to be finish. It will take 3-4 minutes to finish.
- Done, When installation finish it will reboot your device automatically. First boot will take longer, usually it will take 4-5 minutes to finish. After successful boot just verify that your Build Number is same with the downloaded ROM. Go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ Version Information