Lenovo A536, How to Installing Custom Recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 – After installing ROW version firmware for Lenovo A536, now let modified recovery file with custom recovery. Changing recovery file to custom is something that must to do,for modified your current ROM, with custom recovery you can backup & restore your current running ROM, installing custom ROM, wipe data or factory reset and etc.
Changing standard recovery to custom also have disadvantage one of you cannot install official update that obtain from OTA. Today guide is we gone change Lenovo A536 standard recovery with custom recovery TWRP v18.104.22.168, this guide is using flash tool method but if you have ROOTED device you can also use MobileUncle. Do you own backup preparation before start following this guide, bricking your device is not our responsible.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- A536_TWRP_2.6.30 ↦ contains custom recovery TWRP v2.6.30 and an android scatter file, earlier version more stable but have bug and less option.
- A536_TWRP_2.7.10 ↦ contains custom recovery TWRP v2.7.10 and an android scatter files, latest version, already improve for internal memory option and more option can be select.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ tool that use to installing custom recovery to your device, it very recommended to use only this version.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
Lenovo A536, How to Installing Custom Recovery TWRP v22.214.171.124
- Download all required files to your computer, this guide is using flash tool method for flashing custom recovery to your device so please make sure that you already install USB VCOM driver to your computer before continued to the next step. Un complete installation will make flash tool cannot recognize your device and progress bar still on 0%.
- Extract custom recovery and flash tool on the same folder, go to flash tool extracted folder and then run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run this program using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and please make sure that DA DL All with Checksum option is already checked, this is must do step so please don’t forget it.
Caution : this option must be checked to avoid bricking your device
- Close the options window and back to flash tool, click on the Scatter-Loading button browse it to custom recovery extracted folder and the select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt (1). This action will also automatically load recovery.img (3) to flash tool.
- Download option on Download Only (2), then press Download button or hit CRTL+D. Flash tool will stand by waiting your device to be connected.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, when you ready just connect your device to computer using USB cable, flash tool will recognize and begin to start flashing process. This will only take 5-10 second to finish, if you can see the GREEN CIRCLE on the middle flash tool than the flashing process is finish.
- Done. Wait 5-10 second before disconnect your device, put back the battery and turn it on and go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down and release when you can see TWRP main menu.