Lenovo A536, Firmware update to version ROW_S147_140725 – This is a new topic because there some my readers ask me where about Lenovo A536, so based on that i will now trying to start a topic about Lenovo A536 and Lenovo A526,
Today i will post a guide how to flashing firmware with version ROW_S147, this is now the latest but after success flashing this version you can start to system update to get the latest firmware for Lenovo A536. This firmware is design for the device that sold outside china, and never tried to flashing on china device so tried with your own risk.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : A536_ROW_S147_140725
- Date : 25-07-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Not Include
- A536_ROW_S147_140725 ↦ 1Gb, contains all images file to update your Lenovo A536 to S147 version firmware.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ flash tool that need to be use to flashing this ROM to your device, recommended to only use this version.
- Download all required files to your computer, first thing to do for flashing Lenovo device using flash tool is make sure USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer. If not than flash tool will not recognize your device and flash tool progress will stay at 0%.
- All you need is just extract A536_ROW_S147_140725 to your computer, this file contains target_bin and flash tool folder.
- Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later than please run it as administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and please make sure that DA DL All with Checksum option is already checked, this is must do step so please don’t forget it.
- Close the Options window and back to flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button, browse it target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt. This action will automatically load all necessary images to flash tool.
- Now change Download Only on download option to Firmware Upgrade, then press on Download button or hit CTRL+D. Once you press the button flash tool will on ready state and waiting connection from your device.
- Turn off your device and please remove the battery, when you are ready please connect your device to computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize it and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and will finish if you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, Disconnect your device, insert battery and turn it on. After successful booting please confirm that you have same Build Number with the downloaded ROM, Do factory reset on System Setting ↦ Backup & Reset ↦ Factory Reset and press Reset Phone this will erase all your data please remove SD Card.