Installing TWRP v188.8.131.52 on Lenovo A390
Installing TWRP v184.108.40.206 on Lenovo A390 – For modified and Android Firmware the are several steps to do, one of them is installing custom recovery. Custom recovery needed when you need to backup / restore, installing new firmware with zip method, partition your sd card, wipe data / factory reset and etc. In the android world there is 2 famous custom recovery ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) and Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). TWRP can use your touch screen for navigate on recovery mode while CWM can only use volume and power button for navigate. On this guide today i am gone posting How to Install Custom Recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 on Lenovo A390. Remember modified system files can void the phone warranty, and in some case this can lose your official updates.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Do with your own risk rooting void your device warranty.
- This can only be apply on Lenovo A390 with firmware ROW_S316, check your firmware version on System Setting ↦ About Phone.
- Download and install MTK65xx_Driver, Turn off your device and remove the battery. Then connect it to your computer, while you are look for MTxx Preloader at Device Manager this will appear for second then disappear so if you cannot find it just disconnect your device and connect it again. When you already found it right click on it and Update Driver point to USB VCOM Driver. When it finish installing the driver just open My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager look for Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port
- Please enable USB Debugging option, go to System Setting ↦ Developer Options ↦ USB Debugging without this options enable your computer cannot detect your device.
- Download all required files and place it to one folder for easy organize, Extract TWRP v18.104.22.168 and SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224 inside that folder.
- Now go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224 extracted folder and run Flash Tool, if you are using windows 7 then run it with administrator privilege. Tick on the DA DL All with Check Sum option, this is must option or you will error on flashing. Click Scatter-Loading button and point it to TWRP v22.214.171.124 extracted folder and select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc, once you select this file it will automatic load the recovery image file.
- If all finish, now please click Download button or hit F9, SP Flash Tool will show a warning that inform “Not ALL images are correctly loaded” just click Yes and SP Flash Tool will be on stand by mode waiting for your device
- Turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to your computer, if the MTK65xx_Driver installation successful then SP Flash Tool will begin to recognize your device and start the flashing process. It will be mark with RED, PURPLE, YELLOW and finish by GREEN bar on the bottom of SP Flash Tool.
- Now it already finish, your can disconnect your device. Still turn off your device wait for 10 second insert the battery back and try to turn on your device. After flashing it recommend you to straight go to recovery mode with TWRP installed. If not the official firmware will return the factory recovery at the first boot, in order to eliminates this annoying function just delete or rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p with root explorer.
- To go to recovery mode turn on your device but with combination buttons, Power Button + Volume Up Button, press and hold until it go to recovery mode.
TWRP v126.96.36.199 already successful install on your Lenovo A390, Please enjoy and don’t waste it function make your backup immediately and start to modified your current ROM. Please leave any comments if you have some problems while follow this guide, I will try to help you and thank you for reading.