Installing Custom Recovery CWM for Lenovo S660 – ClockworkMod Custom Recovery or know as CWM is a custom recovery that must be installed to Android devices if the user wanna to modified it. CWM has capable to do backup, restore, partitions, applying update from sd card, and etc. Today guide i will try to posting how to install custom recovery CWM to Lenovo S660. This guide may harm your device if you don’t do it with careful and if you follow this guide it will make your warranty void. So please consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Thing to do first :
- Backup your data contact, messages, etc to save place. can be sd card or even on your computer.
- This guide can only be done if your device already ROOTED, please refer to this guide How to Easy Rooting Lenovo S660
- Please make sure that your battery is more than 50%, we don’t wanna sudden shutdown occur in the middle install process.
- This can be practiced only on Android 4.2 or lower.
- Download all required files to your computer, please download recovery file that fit to your device firmware. if you has multi languages ROM then it must be ROW firmware, so download recovery file for ROW. flashing or installing wrong recovery files can make your device “Brick“
- Move all download files to your device, recommended if you place to SD Card root folder. for easy search the files.
- Enable Unknown Sources, go to System Settings ↦ Security Options ↦ enable Unknown Sources. this options will prevent you to install any apk files if you don’t enable it.
- Install Mobileuncle MTK Tool like usually.
- Run Mobileuncle MTK Tool, if it request for a root access then please press Allow button otherwise Mobileuncle MTK Tool cannot be work. When your device is ROOTED Mobileuncle MTK Tool will show it ROOT status on the upper left it application.
- On the Mobileuncle MTK Tool main menu, select Recovery Update, this will open an available recovery list that can be provide by Mobileuncle MTK Tool, don’t ever select another recovery file beside the one that you already download. which is will be place on the most top of the list.
- Select it, confirm all warning by clicking Yes button. Wait until installation recovery successful finish and it will be prompt to go to recovery mode, click Yes and your device will be reboot automatic and will boot to recovery mode.