Install TWRP v22.214.171.124 for P780 ROW KitKat on Firmware ROW_S220_140722 – This guide is for using on Lenovo P780 with firmware version ROW_S220_140722, this is a KitKat rom. Custom recovery needed when you want to modified your current firmware, like rooting your phone, and install custom ROM on your device. Before you getting deeper in this guide and start messing your device i must warn you even this guide is already tested but this also has potential to brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
Note TWRP v126.96.36.199 :
- TWRP v188.8.131.52 will not recognize backup made by TWRP v184.108.40.206
- Installation process is different from TWRP v220.127.116.11
- RED Button must be press before flashing the recovery.
- All function work great, Backup, Restore and Install work without any problem
- Once you install this you cannot go back to your old recovery, backup the old one.
- TWRP_v18.104.22.168_ROW_KK ↦ 6.1 MB, Recovery zip file contains recovery.img, scatter file for MT6589 and script for installation from recovery mdoe.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1304 ↦ Flash Tool needed to install custom recovery to your device, if you often modified your device than you must have this tool.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
Install TWRP v22.214.171.124 for P780 ROW KitKat on Firmware ROW_S220_140722
- Download all required files on your computer, this files need to one folder for easy organize it and easy to loaded on Flash Tool. Before continue to next step please make sure that USB VCOM driver already completely installed on your computer.
- Extract TWRP_v126.96.36.199_ROW_KK and SP Flash Tool v3.1304 on the same folder, now go to SP Flash Tool v3.1304 extracted folder and run Flash Tool.exe if you are using windows 7 please run it with administrator privilege.
- On the Flash Tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option. If you don’t check this option you will get DL Error when you do first boot on your device. Click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to TWRP_v188.8.131.52_ROW_KK extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this action will automatic load recovery.img to it place.
- When everything set, press Download button (4) or you can hit F9, this will make Flash Tool ready to connect with your device
- Now please turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to computer, Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, This process will just take 10-15 seconds to finish. When you see Green Circle in the middle Flash Tool that mean you can disconnect your device from computer.
- Done, disconnect the device from your computer. Try to turn it on and go to recovery mode, press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button and release it until you can see TWRP main menu.