Install TWRP 2.6.3 on Lenovo S930
Install TWRP 2.6.3 on Lenovo S930 – Beside ClockworkMod there is another custom recovery it called TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) custom recovery that can be install to our android smartphones, this custom recovery allow us to use keyboard and touch screen. So basically this custom recovery more easy to use than the other custom recovery that still use volume up + volume down buttons for navigate.
What you can do with TWRP :
- Install custom rom, unsigned modified rom to optimize your android smartphones.
- Backup / Restore, create Nandroid backup
- Partition your sd card
- Format /system, /data and /cache
- Wipe data / Factory Reset
- TWRP Recovery 2.6.3
- MobileUncle MTK Tool
- Rooted device, If your Lenovo S930 not rooted yet please read Lenovo S930 Rooting, How To
- Download and install MobileUncle MTK Tool
- Copy or move TWRP Recovery 2.6.3 to your sd card. recommended if you place it on sd card root.
- Open MobileUncle MTK Tool, if you have successful root your device there will be ROOT sign on upper left.
- Select Recovery Update, and select recovery.img from list. Then it will begin to install TWRP to your device, wait the process until another information to reboot your device to recovery.
- Click OK and your device will reboot to recovery mode.