Install Custom Recovery TWRP v188.8.131.52 on Lenovo S860 2Gb RAM
Install Custom Recovery TWRP v184.108.40.206 on Lenovo S860 2Gb RAM – Not long ago i am write a guide how to install Vibe UI 2.0 china firmware on Lenovo S860 with 2 Gb RAM, on this guide it need to use TWRP v220.127.116.11 for the installation but i don’t have guide how to install TWRP v18.104.22.168 for Lenovo S860 2 Gb RAM, so today i will try to write how to install TWRP v22.214.171.124 for Lenovo S860 2Gb RAM.
This guide is only for european or international Lenovo S860 with 2 Gb RAM and will not work with china Lenovo S860 which has 1Gb RAM it will only brick your device. This guide also for KitKat International firmware only and has enable OTG on recovery mode, this guide using flash tool method to install custom recovery on your device so there is some driver that need to install on your computer before you can start following this guide
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Because this guide is using flash tool, then you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer, how to install USB VCOM driver :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this is flash tool, too to flash custom recovery or ROM to your device using this tool you can flash or backup you ROM. Recommended to use this version only.
- USB VCOM driver ↦ without this driver flash tool will not recognize your device, install it first before start following the guide.
- TWRP_v126.96.36.199_S860_ROW_KK ↦ custom recovery image
- Download all required files, first thing to do is install the USB VCOM driver on your computer, so please follow requirement section, make sure it completely finish and show Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Extract flash tool and custom recovery files on the same folder, open flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administraotr privileges to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum and the click Scatter-Loading button browse it to custom recovery extracted folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, click open.
- It will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool
- Now, you just need to press Download button on flash tool, it will trigger warning that said not all images correctly loaded. Just press Yes button and flash tool will become standby waiting connection with your device. (with all button disable, only stop button enable)
- Turn off your device, remove the battery or if your device use non removable battery just make sure that it completely turn off (wait for 2-3 minutes after power off it). Connect your device to flash tool, if USB VCOM driver is completely install the flash tool will recognize your device and begin to flash the custom recovery, it will take 10-15 second to finish and will show GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool