Install Custom Recovery Cannibal Touch Recovery on Lenovo S939 Android 4.4 or 4.2 – Alternative custom recovery here is Cannibal Touch Recovery for Lenovo S939 running Android KitKat or Android JellyBean. Cannibal touch recovery also have same function like any other custom recovery such as backup, restore, installing custom ROM, wipe data and cache, etc.
Custom recovery is the second modification that must be done if you wanna optimize your Lenovo S939 with custom recovery installed you can root Lenovo S939 with easily and install custom ROM on your Lenovo S939, but every changes made also have possibility to brick your Lenovo S939 like installing custom recovery and rooting Lenovo S939 make your warranty void and make basic user can delete system file, so please very consider it before making any change to your Lenovo S939.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Changing or modified Android system file may result bricked device so please be careful (DWYOR).
- COT_S939_Recovery ↦ file custom recovery, this file can installed using mobileUncle or with flash tool
- SP FlashTool v5.1352 ↦ tool that use to install custom recovery to your device.
- USB VCOM driver ↦ driver that need to be installed so flash tool can recognize your device.
- First thing to do is install USB Vcom driver on your computer, without this driver installed on your computer flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will stay at 0%, for installing USB Vcom driver please refer to this below :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off wait like 20 seconds after power off the device
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Extract ROM downloaded and the flash tool on then same folder, for easy organize it and flashing it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download please make sure DA DL All with Checksum already checked, click X (Close) to back to Flash Tool, this option is very important so please don’t forget it.
- Once back to flash tool, now please click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to ROM extracted folder and the select MT6592_Android_scatter.txt this will automatically loaded recovery image.
- Now you can press Download button or hit CTRL+D.
- Installation will start once you connect your device, and only take time 5-10 seconds to finish. You will see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool once the installation finish and you can disconnect your device.