Install Android 4.4.2 CM11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 – Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users now can upgrade their device to custom build of #Android 4.4.2 #Kitkat. CyanogenMod teams has officially release CM11 nightly for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The CM11 nightly is based on the Android Original Source Project (AOSP), which brings the latest Android KitKat features in a stable release.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
Before following this tutorial please remember that if you already update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on latest official release that might you already activate a #KNOX, so please consider it again if you wanna implement this update to your device.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9000) model only, verified your device number by navigating to System Setting > About Phone
- Backup up data & Settings using recommended tools like CWM Recovery or TRWP Recovery, as it create a complete full device image.
- Ensure you have at least 80% battery to prevents unexpected shutdown while installing the ROM.
- This guide require you have already install CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery on your device, this guide Rooting + Installing CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will help you a lot for this requirement.
- Download required files to your computer, Android 4.4.2 CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (12-04-2014) and Google Apps. After finish move or copy to your sd card. Recommended if you place these 2 files on your sd card’s root.
- Turn off your phone. Now turn on while press and hold Volume Up, Home Button and Power Button until Android Logo appears on screen then release all there buttons.
- Now you are in Recovery Mode, in this mode your device touch screen will be unable. Use Volume Up, Volume Down for navigate and Power Button for select the options.
- Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset, this action will delete all your data and settings. Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Return to main menu, go to Mount and Storage then select Format /system, click Yes to confirm the action. This will remove your operating system that store at /system partition.
- Return to main menu again, select Install Zip from sdcard then select Choose zip from sdcard browse the location of cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-hlte.zip. Click Yes to confirm and begin the installation.
- Wait until installation finish and screen back to Recovery Main Menu. Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset again, click Yes to confirm the action. After finish back to recovery main menu and choose Reboot the system.
- The first booting will be take about 3-5 minutes so keep patients, When it has succeed boot normally turn off your device and repeat step 2-6 to install Google Apps.
- Done, Now you have successfully install Android 4.4.2 CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (12-04-2014) on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9000).