India’s Reliance Jio adds video conferencing app JioMeet to its Jio Platforms
In the current situation where health is important than anything else, it is been difficult for companies and people to earn a living. The students are not able to attend colleges, schools, and classes for pursuing education. This has resulted in everything getting online and companies applying for Work from the home strategy. The companies and the education department have started delivering work and lectures using the video conference platforms and some of them are highly benefited from it.
According to the situation around India’s Reliance Jio also thought of competing with the other video conferencing apps and has launched JioMeet. The company needs to be the best among the current top 3 companies that are Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet. Reliance Jio launched JioMeet on 30th June 2020 and after 3 days(today) it has already crossed 1lakh+ downloads.
JioMeet is made in India free video-conferencing application. Currently, it can be used for 1:1 video calls and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants with enterprise-grade host controls. To avoid fake ids and video bombing company says new users can Sign Up on JioMeet only with an Invite Code shared by any existing JioMeet user. While users can also request for an Invite Code or give suggestions by writing to [email protected]
JioMeet also allows all calls to last up to 24 hours. Comparatively, Google Meet offers all users the ability to host calls up to 24 hours through September 30, but after that date, these calls will be limited to 60 minutes for free users, and Zoom group calls hosted by free users can only last up to 40 minutes.
Here are the features of the JioMeet that are listed on Google Play Store
Features of JioMeet
- Easy sign up with either Mobile Number or Email ID
- Meeting in HD Audio and Video quality
- Create instant meeting and start inviting friends
- Schedule a meeting in advance and share meeting details with invitees
- Active Speaker view layout
- Unlimited Meetings per day
- Each meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs
- Each meeting is password protected
- The host can enable ‘Waiting Room’ to ensure no participant joins without permission
- Create Groups and start calling/chatting on single click
- Share Screen and start collaborating
- Use ‘Safe Driving Mode’ while driving
- Use JioMeet on Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, SIP/H.323 systems
- Multi-device login support up to 5 devices
- Seamlessly switch from one device to another while on a call
Previously we also saw Reliance Jio offered its customers with 1 year of Free Disney+ Hotstar VIP Subscription that was included in its monthly plans. It seems that Jio has been very active in the digital world and also provides it to the users at a low cost. Jio Platforms is the holding company of Indian telco Reliance Jio and has over 388 million subscribers.
What are your views on JioMeet? Do mention your views in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned at Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.