How to use MAUI META 3G v6 to Restore IMEI for MTK Devices – Since i started this blog and begin to starting guiding people to update there Android Devices especially MTK devices i got a lot complain about missing IMEI, losing signal network and how to fix it. Actually i am already has one guide on how to do it Several Method to Change IMEI for MTK Devices but seem this guide not 100% percent work, Because of this problem now i am trying to posting another way how to restore IMEI using MAUI META 3G v6 and i hope this guide will solve IMEI problem.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- MAUI META 3G v6 ↦ 26.7 Mb, tool to use to for changing IMEI for MTK devices.
- Android_Gadget_CDC ↦ driver that need to be installed first before changing IMEI, but if you ever use MTK Droid Tool and successful to connect then no need to install it, and make sure it installed correctly if not tool will not recognize your devices
- Download all required tool and place on one folder for easy organized it, Android_Gadget_CDC must completely installed before continued to the next step so please make sure it there is no question mark sign on computer device manager when you connect your device.
- Connect your device on your computer and copy BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6589_*** from /system/etc/mddb/ on your device to your computer, this is a modemdb needed when change IMEI. I am use Root Explorer as my Android windows explorer because it can navigate to /system without root access.
- Disconnect your device and turn off, now install MAUI META 3G v6 and run it. On MAUI META 3G v6 select Options ↦ Connect Smart phone into META mode make sure you check it, then click on Reconnect button. Signal light will be blinking red and green, and it will turn yellow when you successful connect your device
- Now connect your device (turn off condition), wait until charger battery disappear then press Power button and hold for 2 seconds then release it and your devices will on META mode and MAUI META 3G v6 will recognize your device, If device turn lit then turn off your device and try again. (i need more then one to get this connected)
- After successfully connect your devices, now select IMEI Download (2), it will open IMEI download windows where you can edit your IMEI here
- On IMEI download windows, click on Change NVRAM Database File ↦ and point it to BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6589_*** that already you copy to your computer on the step 2.
- Then insert your IMEI on the IMEI text box for SIM 1 or SIM 2, must be valid 14 digit IMEI number. Then just click Download To Flash button, success message can be see on the bottom of MAUI META 3G v6
- Done, now just press Disconnect button, and boot your device to home screen. Open dialer and try dial *#06# it will show your IMEI confirm it already change