How to Update TWRP v126.96.36.199 on Lenovo S930 ROW KitKat ROM – Custom recovery is the first think that you wanna install on your device when you wanna modified it, with this custom recovery you can :
- Backup / Restore current working ROM
- Installing custom ROM on your device.
- Rooting your device
- Factory Reset / Wipe data
- TWRP_v188.8.131.52_S930_ROW_KK ↦ 6.0Mb, this file contains recovery.img and Android scatter files for used in flash tool
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ flash tool needed to flash the recovery file to your device, version is recommended but if you use the latest and it work i will glad to known it.
- Download all files on your computer, because we wanna to install custom recovery using flash tool so you need to make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed on your computer before continued to the next step.
- Extract twrp and flash tool on the same folder, for easy organize it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid permission error.
- On the flash tool check DA DL All with Checksum option and press Scatter-Loading button, point it to twrp extracted folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this action will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool.
- When everything is set, just press Download button or hit F9, this will pop up a warning box that tell not all images loaded correctly, just press Yes button and flash tool will begin stand by and ready to make connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, when you ready connect your device to computer, flash tool will recognize it and begin to start flashing process. Flashing process just take 5-10 seconds to finish and when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool it means flashing process already finish.
- Done, wait for second before disconnect your device, it will be on charging mode. Disconnect your device and try to boot on recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button release until you can see TWRP main menu.