How to Update OTA Lenovo S860 to International Firmware Version ROW_S404
How to Update OTA Lenovo S860 to International Firmware Version ROW_S404 – Over the Air update or OTA is the other method for update your device firmware, this method more easy to do compare to flash tool method but OTA update have some requirements that must be filled to be success.
Today guide is how to do OTA update for Lenovo S860, this guide will update your Lenovo S860 to the latest release firmware with build number S860_ROW_S404_150115. This guide has possibility to erase your data, brick your device and will remove your ROOT access, so please do full backup before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
If your phone from china with 1GB memory, then after apply this update you must flash the modem file (Root ↦ TWRP ↦ modem), Otherwise your 3G will not work and sometimes the left SIM slot will not work too.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S860_ROW_S404_150115
- Date : 15.01.2015
- OS : Android 4.4..2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Type Update : OTA (Over the Air) Update
- S860_ROW_S404_150115 ↦ 292.3 Mb, This is contains update file for update your Lenovo S8660 to build number S404.
- Can only be done if you have Lenovo standard recovery, will produce error on custom recovery like CWM and TWRP. Read this Lenovo S860 re-flashing standard recovery if you already change your recovery.
- Download update files on your computer, extract it until you can get update.zip
- Don’t extract or rename update.zip, leave it.
- Move or copy update.zip on your root external SD card or internal SD card, don’t copy inside any folder.
- Turn off your device, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down. This combination button will make your device turn on but in recovery mode.
- Installation will start automatically and will update your device, wait the process until finish.
- Reboot your device.
- Done, Now you have ROW_S404 installed on your device.