How to Update Lenovo S660 with Android 4.4.2 Vibe UI 2.0 1437
How to Update Lenovo S660 with Android 4.4.2 Vibe UI 2.0 – Original update for Lenovo S660 already released this is only available for china devices only, because europe devices have hardware change and make error on kernel startup. This upgrade guide will upgrade your Lenovo S660 firmware to the new Vibe UI 2.0 version and will erase all your data, so please make your own backup preparations. Even this guide is for Lenovo S660 it have possibility to brick your devices so please always make backup ROM and IMEI before modified your current ROM.
This is Vibe UI 2.0 china version so it only contains 2 languages EN and CN, also not have pre installed Google Applications. But this update have many improvement and fix any bug from previous version, so make backup and let start the guide..
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR). Only for Lenovo S660 bought on china
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S660_S906_VIBEUI_V2.0_1437
- Date : 25-09-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : English and China
- Google Applications : Not Include
- Root : No
- S660_S906_VIBEUI_V2.0_1437 ↦ 656 Mb, contains full images that required to update your Lenovo S660 to Vibe UI 2.0
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1348 ↦ flash tool used to flash update ROM to your devices, recommended to use this version only.
- Download all required files and place it on the same folder for easy organize it, first you must make sure that USB VCOM driver is completely installed before continued to the next step. USB VCOM driver needed so flash tool will recognize your devices once it connected.
- Extract S660_S906_VIBEUI_V2.0_1437 and SP Flash Tool v5.1348 on the same folder, go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please make sure to run using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download make sure you already check DA DL All with Checksum, press [x] to close and back to flash tool.
- Back on flash tool click Scatter-Loading button and point it to S660_S906_VIBEUI_V2.0_1437/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this action will automatically load all required images file to flash tool. Choose Download Only on download options and if you ready press Download button or hit CTRL+D
- Above picture show that flash tool is ready to make connection with your device, turn off your device and remove the battery. When you ready please connect your device to your computer using USB cable, flash to will recognize your device and will begin starting the flashing process.
- Installation will take 5-6 minutes just wait until you can see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to boot. First time booting will take longer so please be patient, after go to home screen please go to System Setting ↦ About Phone and make sure Build Number is same with the rom download.