How to Update Lenovo S650 with Android 4.4 ROW_S305
How to Update Lenovo S650 with Android 4.4 ROW_S305 – The new update for Lenovo S650 already released with build number S650_ROW_S305_140820 this fix disadvantages in S215 ROM, so it recommended you to update to this version. S305 also can be obtained with OTA method but you need use S215 and still using standard Lenovo recovery to be success. In this guide it will show you how to update Lenovo S650 to S305 with PC method, even this guide is designed to Lenovo S650 but it also have possibility to brick your device and erase all your data. Please be careful and always do full backup your current ROM and IMEI.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
ROM Description :
- Build Number : S650_ROW_S305_140820
- Date Release : 20-08-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S650_ROW_S305_140820 ↦ 1 GB, contains all needed file to upgrade your device to the latest firmware
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ Optional download, you can also obtain this tool on ROM download in case tool on the ROM download don’t work you can download this.
- Download all required files needed to upgrade, place it on the same folder for easy access and organize. The most important is to make sure that USB VCOM driver is already completely installed.
- Extract S650_ROW_S305_140820 and you will found 4 folder, just pay attention on target_bin and flash_tool folder, because you only need these 2 folders. Go to flash tool folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, just press OK when there is warning about scatter file.
- On the flash tool click Options ↦ Option ↦ Download make sure DA DL All with Checksum option already checked, don’t forget about this option because if not checked it will make your device error after successful flashing. Press [x] to close and back to flash tool.
- Back to flash tool again, now click Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this will automatically loaded all required image file to flash tool, make sure download option is on Download Only (Firmware Upgrade select when Download Only option not work and produce error)
- When finish configured flash tool now you can press Download Button or hit CTRL+D, flash tool will begin to initialize and become stand by mode, this mode mean flash tool is ready to make connection with your device.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, when you ready please connect your device to computer. Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish. When you see there is GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean you flashing process already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, Now turn on your device. The first boot will be take longer than usually maybe 3-4 minutes to complete boot, when it already show your home screen go to Dialer and dial ####7777# select your country and confirm, it will reboot and do factory reset (we just need the factory reset from this code)
- Reboot, wait until it show the home screen and confirm your build version by go to System Settings ↦ Build Number make sure it same with the downloaded ROM.