How to Update Lenovo S650 Android KitKat ROW Version to S650_S305 – Another update for Lenovo S650 already roll out, this update has build number S650_ROW_S305_140820. Can be install or apply with computer and with OTA (Over the Air), today guide will discuss about how to update Lenovo S650 with OTA update method. This method is more simple than if you using computer for update but this method has some conditions that to be fulfilled, This update will erase you previous data like contacts, message, notes, etc so please do your own backup and if you can just do full backup for prepare if something bad happen.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- Your current firmware must be S650_ROW_S215_140714, this can be obtain by following this Update Lenovo S650 Vibe UI v1.5 ROW Version MultiLanguage
- No changes has been made on Lenovo Standard Recovery, it means you cannot use CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery) or TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). If you already install these custom recovery to your device, than you must back to Lenovo Standard Recovery.
- No Root Allowed ↦ this still unknown but it say if you change system files than you cannot apply update with OTA method.
- Battery > 50% ↦ We don’t wanna sudden shutdown interrupt update process.
- Update_S650_S305_140820 ↦ 429 Mb, this only contains update needed files, not contains the full images so cannot be use to update wit SP Flash Tool.
- Download update file on your computer, extract it until you found update.zip, Copy or move update.zip to you device and store it at external SD Card. Don’t copy inside the folder, place it at SD Card root.
- Check you device to make sure that your device already meets the requirements, go to System Setting ↦ About Phone
- After checking all requirements and your device already fulfill it, Now let’s start the update procedure.
- Turn off your device, Turn on it again but with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button release it until you can see recovery mode on your screen.
- If you place the update.zip on the root your external SD Card, Lenovo Standard Recovery will recognize it and automatic start the update process shorty after recovery mode loaded. Wait it until completely finish, this will take time 3-5 minutes to finish.
- Done, Your device will automatically reboot and do normal boot to your home screen. Please verify by go to System Setting ↦ About Phone and make sure the Build Number is same with the downloaded.
- Open dialer and dial ####7777# and then confirm OK, your device will be automatic reboot, this is for regional select.