How to Update Lenovo A850 with A850_ROW_S127_140303 Latest Firmware
How to Update Lenovo A850 with A850_ROW_S127_140303 Latest Firmware – Today i will post a guide on how to Update or Restore or Flashing Lenovo A850 using Multi Language ROM. When you bought Lenovo A850 from china you will got a CN firmware installed on your device this CN firmware just only contains 2 languages CN and EN, Not include google applications and a lot chinese firmware that you cannot use it unless you are in china. So the solution is install the ROW (Restof World) firmware to your device. Before we start, this guide can make your device brick and i am not gone responsible about that, so please consider it before follow this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Rom Descriptions :
- Build Number : A850_ROW_S127_140303
- Date : 03-03-2014
- OS : Android 4.2.2
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- A850_ROW_S127_140303 ↦ This download required you to login, if you don’t have any username or password then please visit at About Android Rookies page. You can see our username and password please use it just for download and don’t change any password on it.
- A850_ROW_S128_140627 ↦ 792.5 Mb, New update for Lenovo A850, can be obtain with OTA update from S127 ROM with standard Lenovo recovery
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ this is an optional download, because when you download A850_ROW_S127_140303 you will also get this tool.
- Download all required files to your computer, Before we start please disconnect your device from your computer. Extract it to one folder for easy organize it, and make clear name for the folder.
- Now go to SP Flash Tool v3.1320 extracted folder and run Flash Tool, when you are using windows 7 please run it with administrator privilege. Tick on option DA DL All with Check Sum, don’t forget about this option because it will make your flashing error. Click Scatter-Loading button and navigate to A850_ROW_S127_140303/target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter, this will automatically load all necessary file to SP Flash Tool
- When all set like picture above, now click Download button or hit F9, Don’t click format when use SP Flash Tool it will delete your NVRAM partition, wait until SP Flash Tool initialize and become stand by.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to computer, SP Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start the flashing process.
- Flashing process mark by progress bar on the bottom, it will show RED, YELLOW and finish by GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of SP Flash Tool. When it show then you can disconnect your device.
- Done, now your Lenovo A850 already using A850_ROW_S127 firmware, you can verify it on System Setting ↦ About Phone