Bricked your OnePlus Smartphone? here is how you can unbrick and restore Stock OxygenOS ROM
- 1 Bricked your OnePlus Smartphone? here is how you can unbrick and restore Stock OxygenOS ROM
- 2 How to Unbrick your bricked OnePlus 7 Pro Smartphone & Restore Stock OxygenOS ROM
- 3 Other ‘flash all’ files
So you have bricked your OnePlus Smartphone? nothing to worry about, we will guide you in the Article that how can you unbrick it. Fortunately, OnePlus allows users to mod the smartphone all they want and even install custom ROMs, without voiding the warranty. Although, there is a good chance you’ll sometimes run into problems and want to restore to the stock ROM, in order to unbrick your device.
Here is how you can unbrick your OnePlus Smartphone. We have provided you the Unbricking & Restoring Stock OxygenOS ROM for Oneplus 7 Pro Model. For other Oneplus Models, a similar technique is used but with a compatible Stock ROM.
Pre-requirements to unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro
-> An OnePlus 7 Pro with an unlocked bootloader.
-> Windows users will also need to install the OnePlus USB Drivers.
-> Installing the Fastboot ROM will wipe your entire device so make sure you’ve backed up everything, if possible.
Download OnePlus 7 Pro Oxygen OS ROM
- Other versions
How to Unbrick your bricked OnePlus 7 Pro Smartphone & Restore Stock OxygenOS ROM
- Download a Fastboot ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro.
- We have linked the latest versions above for your convenience but if you’re seeing this at a later date, you should check for other versions. Maybe there’s a newer version available.
- As of this writing, 10.0.1-GM21AA-OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.21_OTA_021_all_1910071446_6f7c731d5aa7dbe-FASTBOOT.zip is the latest one in the stable channel.
- If you want the Open Beta, OB3-OnePlus7ProOxygen_13.W.11_OTA_011_all_1910081744_6d354fcd2951e-FASTBOOT.zip is currently the latest.
- Extract the downloaded zip into a folder on your computer.
- Reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro into Fastboot mode.
- Power it off.
- Now press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding the buttons until you see some text on the screen as shown below.
- When in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- From here on, Windows users can unbrick their OnePlus 7 Pro very easily.
- Double-click on the flash-all.bat file in the extracted Fastboot ROM folder.
- Assuming that you have all the drivers properly installed, Windows will detect your device and the ROM will be flashed on it.
- During the process, you might see a message saying “Invalid source file format at header magic”. It’s expected and there’s probably nothing wrong so just wait and not worry about it.
Other ‘flash all’ files
After extracting the Fastboot ROM files, you will find multiple flash files other than flash-all.bat. To unbrick the One plus 7 Pro the only file you need is flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat. However, depending on your situation you may get by using any of the other flash files as well. In case of hard brick, when nothing seems to work, you may need to use flash-all-partitions.bat.
This .bat will flash all possible partitions through Fastboot (Except persist), there are some criticals partitions that can’t be flashed through Fastboot.
This .bat will flash only persist partition in Fastboot mode (This is good for people that have problems with sensor).
This .bat will boot the TWRP and will flash criticals partitions, use this carefully.
This .bat is the same as older flash-all.bat and so it will flash only vendor, system, and boot.
This .bat will run flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat, then flash-only-persist.bat and then flash-all-partitions-recovery-criticals.bat.
Hurry!!!! You have Successfully Unbricked your OnePlus 7 Pro Android Smartphone and restored Stock OxygenOS ROM.