How to Swap Memory for Lenovo S920 – One of the famous tip and trick for Lenovo S920 users is to swap sd card become internal memory on Lenovo S920, this tricks commonly used by peoples who run out their internal memory because they need to install a very large data games. In Lenovo S920 4 GB there only 2,5 GB space to be used for internal memory and in this internal memory stored all data for games, applications, pictures, etc with just 2,5 GB free space i think it very small for games addict. To be follow and use this tricks you will need to ROOT your device, because we need to modified system files.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- ROOTED device, Use Framaroot v1.91 to root your Lenovo S920
- Class 10 Sd Card, If you use lower than 8 for Sd Card class then you will feel lag when you operate your device. So i very recommend it for used class 10 for better performace.
- ROW or CN ROM, for Vibe UI v1.5 I don’t know it will work or not but you can try to follow this guide, when it not suitable than just stop it.
- This trick better be use on the first you begin to boot your phone, so there is no user data and user applications install on both internal memory or sd card.
How to Swap Memory for Lenovo S920
- I like to install and used Root Explorer v2.20, but if you accustomed to using any other explorer than it ok as long as they can access on ROOT directory.
- Download and install Root Explorer v2.20 to your device, after success open it. Your root applications (SuperSu or SuperUser) will ask for permission to use for this application please just Grant / Allow it.
- On Root Explorer v2.20, navigate to /system/etc and change the mount to R/W
- Find file with name vold.fstab, this is the file that need to be edited. For your save please backup / copy this original file to sd card. Select file vold.fstab and click options button on the Root Explorer v2.20, then select Open in Text Editor.
- Then look for this text
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard [email protected] /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host
- And replace for this code below
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 [email protected] /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host
- If you can see these 2 codes is same only the bold that need to be changes, Then Save it if need to replace than confirm it by click Yes
- Now cross your finger and reboot your device, Wait until it can boot perfectly if you device can boot then your tricks is work but if not then check every step you have already done and try repeat it careful or you can cancel to follow this guide by restore the vold.fstab file to original.