Here is how you can set the classic Windows 7 start menu on Windows 10 PC/Laptop?
The Start menu in Windows provides a quick way to perform many common tasks, such as launching programs or using control panels. In Windows 7, Vista, and XP, the Start menu appears when you click the Start button, which is located at one end of the Taskbar, typically at the lower-left corner of the desktop.
Starting with Windows 8, Microsoft has redesigned the Start menu to take advantage of touch screens, as well as live tiles designed to provide you information from your applications (e.g., the current weather or the number of unread messages in your Inbox). While the classic Start button has been removed, you can still access the Start screen by clicking in the lower-left corner of the screen, or by pressing the Windows key.
Upon all other visual changes, the new Start Menu seems to be the prominent one. The tile-based new Start Menu actually looks good, and it’s more functional. But if you love Windows 7 then you would also want to change your Windows 10 start menu to the classic Windows 7 start menu. The good thing about Windows 10 is that the company allows you to customize the latest OS as per your requirements, so you can use third-party apps to make your Windows 10 start menu looks like Windows 7.
How to get the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu in Windows 10?
To bring back the classic start menu of Windows 7, you need to use Classic Shell app. Classic Shell is free software that enables a wide range of customization options in Windows 10. So let’s take a look at how you can download the Classic Shell app and customize your Windows 10 start menu.
- Firstly, download & install Classic Shell on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop.
- Open the app and on the Start Menu Style, select ‘Classic with two columns’ and click on ‘Ok’
- Now you will see the Windows 7 type start menu. Now search for ‘Classic Start Menu Settings’ and open it.
- Move to the ‘Skin’ tab and select ‘Windows Aero’ under the skin. Once done, click on ‘Ok’
- Now move to the ‘Basic Settings’ and set everything as per your choice.
- Now move to the ‘Start Menu Style’ and enable the ‘Replace Start button’ option.
- Now pick ‘Custom’ and locate the PNG file that we have shared below. Once done, click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Once done with the customization, click on the ‘Start’ button, and you will see a classic Windows 7 start menu.
- Done!! This is how you can get the classic Windows 7 Start Menu on your Windows 10 PC/laptop
If you counter any errors related to the above tutorial, do mention in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.