How to Rooting Lenovo S930 Running Android KitKat ROW Version
How to Rooting Lenovo S930 Running Android KitKat ROW Version – Rooting become necessity for Android user, rooting Android Kit Kat not as simple as rooting Android Jelly Bean. Android Jelly Bean can be root using one click method, different with Android Kit Kat. Lenovo is one of many china phone that already launch Android KitKat through Vibe UI v1.5 firmware, Today i will posting how to rooting Lenovo S930 running Android KitKat ROW version. Please remember this guide has possibility to brick your device or erase your data, so please do any backup preparations first before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), This is for ROW version only if you have CN version please do not follow this guide.
- CWM Recovery ↦ Custom recovery, needed for modification your device. Has many usable function like backup, restore, install, factory reset, etc
- SuperUser ↦ Root and Su binary, installed using custom recovery.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ Flashing tool, if you have Lenovo devices this is your primary tool for modified your device.
- Download all required files and place on one folder. Move SuperUser to your SD Card, this file not yet required before your device have custom recovery installed.
- Extract CWM Recovery and SP Flash Tool v3.1324, now we will start to install custom recovery to your device. Please make sure that USB VCOM Driver already installed completely before continued to next step.
- Go to SP Flash Tool v3.1324 extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, tick on DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to CWM Recovery/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file this action will automatically load the custom recovery image to it place.
- When finish configure SP Flash Tool, now press Download button or hit F9. A warning will show tell that not all images loaded, just click OK button and SP Flash Tool will on stand by mode to received connection with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, connect your device to computer using USB cable. If USB VCOM driver install perfectly SP Flash Tool will recognize your device and start the flashing process. This process will take 1-2 minutes only be marked with Red, Yellow and Green Circle of the SP Flash Tool
- Disconnect your device, now turn on your device but with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, release it only when you can see CWM main menu.
- On CWM main menu use volume up and volume down for navigation and power button for select, now select Install zip from sdcard ↦ Choose zip from sdcard ↦ SuperUser.zip wait for rooting process until finish then select Reboot.
- Done, now your Lenovo S930 already have CWM Custom Recovery Installed with ROOTED, install ROOT Checker from google play store to confirm that your device already ROOTED.