How to Rooting Lenovo S920 with Android KitKat ROW version
How to Rooting Lenovo S920 with Android KitKat ROW version – Today’s guide is about rooting, now i wanna share how to rooting Lenovo S920 running Android KitKat. This guide only can be used for ROW firmware only so if you are using CN firmware sorry you cannot try this guide, But before following this guide i am very recommended you to do full backup, follow How To Make Full Backup Mediatek Device this backup can be restore using Flash Tool.
Before starting the guide i must tell you that this guide have possibility to brick your device and had chance to fail, so please very consider if you wanna follow this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- Lenovo Standard Recovery ↦ 4.8 Mb, this contains Lenovo S920 Android KitKat Row standard recovery, Used this for backup or in case there is something bad happen. Flash using SP Flash Tool. But if you have full backup then recommended to use your full backup recovery.img
- CWM for Android KitKat ↦ 5.6 Mb, contains custom recovery CWM for Lenovo S920 for using in Android KitKat ROW version.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP FLash Tool 3.1324 ↦ Tool for flashing recovery file to your device, this is primary tool for MTK devices.
- King User v3.4 ↦ root application that can be install via custom recovery. don’t extract this file.
- Download all required files to your computer, places all downloaded files on one folder for easy organize it. Please make sure that USB VCOM driver are installed completely before continued to the next step.
- Move or copy King User v3.4 to your external SD Card.
- Extract CWM for Android KitKat and SP FLash Tool 3.1324 on the same folder. go to SP FLash Tool 3.1324 extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, on the Flash Tool check DA DL All with Checksum option this is important option that must not forgotten. Click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to CWM for Android KitKat extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, the recovery.img will be automatically load with check box already checked.
- When everything already set up, now press Download button or hit F9, this will trigger warning that warm all not images completely load, confirm it with press Yes button
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, wait 5 second then connect your device to your computer. SP Flash Tool will begin recognize your device and start the flashing process, The process will take only 5-10 seconds and when you see Green Circle in the middle of Flash Tool that mean you can disconnect your device.
- Done, now custom recovery already installed on your device. Disconnect your device and turn on with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down and release until you can see CWM main menu.
- on CWM main menu go to Install Zip from SD Card ↦ Choose Zip from SD Card ↦ point it to King User v3.4.zip
- Wait the process and you are done.