How to Rooting Lenovo S890, TWRP Installation Guide – Rooting Lenovo Ideaphone S890 is a little harder than the other Lenovo series, Lenovo S890 by default don’t have any recovery when you press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down you will not end in the recovery mode but instead go to some kind a “self test” mode. In this guide we will install a custom recovery and then root the device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Lenovo Windows Driver – This driver not working on windows 8 or 8.1, so recommend to use windows 7 when following this guide.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1224
- TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) – Recovery Update File
- Root File
- Download all file and place in one folder
- Install Lenovo Windows Driver on your computer, don’t forget to reboot it after finish.
- On your device go to System Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ USB Debugging, enable it so your computer can detect your device.
- Copy Root File and Recovery Update File to your device, disconnect your device from your computer then turn off your device.
- Remove battery.
- Extract SP Flash Tool v3.1224 and TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP), go to SP Flash Tool v3.1224 extracted folder and run Flash Tool
- Click on Scatter-Loading button and navigate to TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) extracted folder and select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc
- Click on Download button and Yes button.
- Now it time to flash your device, Your device status is turn off with battery off. Connect device to computer and insert battery, your computer / Flash Tool will detect your device and immediately run the flashing progress, process will take 2-3 minutes when finish it will show GREEN sign in the middle of screen and you can disconnect your device.
- Turn off your device again, now we will go to Recovery Mode press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down at once. If you find it difficult you can install Reboot Recovery from google play store.
- First let’s update our TWRP, On TWRP select Install and choose External Sd Card then navigate to Recovery Update File. ‘Slide to flash’ wait until finish and select Reboot to Recovery
- Now it time to ROOT, like step 11 select Install from TWRP main menu and choose External Sd Card then navigate to Root File. ‘Slide to flash’ wait until finish and select Reboot System.
- Done, Wait until perfectly boot and now your will find SuperSu already install to your system. to verified it you can install ROOT Checker.