How to Rooting Lenovo P780 Running Android Kit Kat
How to Rooting Lenovo P780 Running Android Kit Kat – After yesterday posting about Update Lenovo P780 with Android Kit Kat Official Release, today i will posting about how to rooting Lenovo P780 running Android Kit Kat. I think i will not explain more about advantage or disadvantage rooting your device, i am has much to explain about rooting. Rooting Android Kit Kat is not as easy as rooting Android Jelly Bean, we need to install custom recovery first then install SU binary from it. Rooting will make your device lose ability to do OTA update, this guide can also have possibility to brick your device so please be careful when following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR), Please prepare everything before start following this guide like backup your data, applications, etc this guide has possibility to brick your device.
- TWRP_220.127.116.11_P780_ROW_KK ↦ contain file image for TWRP v18.104.22.168 and scatter file for Lenovo P780.
- TWRP_22.214.171.124_P780_ROW_KK ↦ contain file image for TWRP v126.96.36.199, this file needed when you got error 8083 while flashing TWRP v188.8.131.52.
- SuperUser ↦ contain SU binary and SuperUser application. Need to install using custom recovery.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1304 ↦ Tool needed for flashing custom recovery to your device, this is the main tool for mediatek device.
- Download all required files, and place it to one folder for easy organize it. Please make sure that USB VCOM driver already installed successful, before continued to next step.
- Extract TWRP, SP Flash Tool, and move / copy SuperUser file to your SD Card, this will not need until you has success install custom recovery to your device. The custom recovery file contained in TWRP folder also can be installed using MobilUncle Droid Tool but it need your device ROOTED, so the only way to install it is using SP Flash Tool.
- Now go to SP Flash Tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 then run it using administrator privilege. tick on DA DL ALL with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button point it to TWRP extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this action will automatic loaded custom recovery image to it place.
- Now press Download button (4) or hit F4, there will be warning that told all images file not load correctly just press OK. This will make SP Flash Tool become stand by to receive connection from your device.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, Now connect your Lenovo P780 to your computer. When USB VCOM driver successful installed then SP Flash Tool will immediately recognize and begin the flashing process. It will mark with Red, Yellow and finish with Green Circle in the middle of SP Flash Tool, inform that installation already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Disconnect your device, turn on with this combination buttons. Press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons, release when you can see TWRP v184.108.40.206 main menu on your device screen. Select Install ↦ Storage: sdcard ↦ SuperUser.zip then just Swipe to install wait the process until finish then select Reboot
- After reboot, confirm that your device already ROOTED by installing ROOT Checker from Google Play Store