How to Rooting Lenovo A850 and Install Custom Recovery
How to Rooting Lenovo A850 and Install Custom Recovery – Lenovo A850 is Mid-Range phablet release by Lenovo in August last year (2013). This guide can be use to root Lenovo A850 with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and using one click method so everyone can follow this guide with out any problems. But always remember that Rooting, Modifying, and Changing system will void your device warranty and can make your device bricks so please consider it and do with careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Framaroot v1.9.1
- MobileUncle MTK Tools
- Recovery Files :
- Download all required files
- Move or copy Framaroot v1.9.1 and MobileUncle MTK Tools to your sd card.
- For recovery file, if your ROM is already an International version (ROW) then you must download ROW_map_TWRP_CWM_recovery, otherwise if you still using default CN ROM then please download CN_map_TWRP_CWM_recovery.
- Extract Recovery file on your one folder, you will find 3 file MT6582_Android_scatter, recovery_TWRP_18.104.22.168, and recovery_CWM_v22.214.171.124. Move between recovery_TWRP_126.96.36.199 or recovery_CWM_v188.8.131.52 to your sd card these two files are a custom recovery just choose one to install.
- Install Framaroot v1.9.1, confirm all security pop up and begin to install, if you cannot install it please check System Settings ↦ Security ↦ Unknown Source please check it, this option will make your device can be install using *.apk file.
- When installation finsih, open Framaroot v1.9.1, select SuperSu on actions drop down
- Click on Boromir button, confirm all and begin rooting process. Wait the process until message appears Success, SuperSu and SU binary installed.
- Click OK and your device will reboot automatically if not please reboot manually. After finish reboot open SuperSu application and begin to upgrade it. Now your device already ROOTED
- Now install MobileUncle MTK Tools, confirm all security warning and begin installation.
- Open MobileUncle MTK Tools, this application will ask for root permission so it will be pop up from SuperSu please Grant it.
- Select Recovery Update, MobileUncle MTK Tools will searching for available recovery file on sd card, recovery_TWRP_184.108.40.206 or recovery_CWM_v220.127.116.11 will available on select list, select it for begin installing custom recovery.
- Wait until Done information show up, and Reboot into Recovery option show up, select OK, your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode.