How to Root Lenovo S660 Running Android KitKat 4.4.2 – Since Lenovo S660 received Android KitKat update one click rooting method will not working, tool like framaroot, vroot, root genius and etc cannot rooting Lenovo devices with Android KitKat update include Lenovo S660. So today i will posting how to root Lenovo S660 running Android KitKat 4.4.2, this guide can be can only be follow if you already change your Lenovo Standard recovery with custom recovery. Rooting has possibility to brick our device and always void warranty please consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Don’t forget to backup your device first both ROM and IMEI, this is absolute requirement before modified your devices.
- Already use custom recovery, Install TWRP 184.108.40.206 on Lenovo S660 Running Android 4.4.2 or you can use else custom recovery if you already install it. ie CWM or Carliv Touch
- Make sure battery enough to rooting process.
- Update_SuperSu_v2.01 ↦ recommended to try first. contain root file that can be install with custom recovery through zip method.
- Update_SuperSu_v2.02 ↦ new version root file, contains supersu and su binary that will install through zip method.
- Download required files, and please fulfill requirement above before continued to the next step.
- Move or copy Update_SuperSu_v2.01 to your external SD Card.
- Turn off your device, turn it on again with press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, released it when you can see custom recovery main menu.
- Select on Install ↦ Select Zip to Install point it to Update_SuperSu_v2.01 and then Swipe to Install, installation will begin to start and you can see the progress from your device screen. this process will only take 1-2 minutes to finish.
- When finish, back to main menu again then select Reboot
- Done. Try normally booting and search for SuperSu application, run it for the first time it will ask to update Su Binary just do it and select Normal
- Finish, Now you have Lenovo S660 running Android 4.4.2 ROOTED, check using Root Checker download from Google Play Store to confirm it.