How to completely remove any virus/malware from your Windows 10 PC/Laptop
Nowadays, Having one of the best antivirus software installed on your PC or laptop remains a necessity. We’re no closer now to defeat the cyber-criminals and hackers that plague the internet than we were a decade ago and it’s far too risky to leave your laptop, phone, and another tech without virus protection.
In fact, cybercrime has actually been growing significantly year after year, which means that it’s clearly more important than ever to ensure that your gadgets are afforded the protection of the best antivirus out there, whether that’s the free antivirus or paid.
Well, here we have a guide that can remove all the virus/malware from your Windows 10 PC/Laptop without installing any additional software. So let’s look at how you can remove virus/malware present in your PC/Laptop using Windows Defender
How to remove virus/malware from your PC with Windows Defender?
Most of the time, Windows Defender will neutralize threats before they ever become a problem. If this is the case, you can see past threat reports in the Windows Security app.
Open Windows Security
- Open Windows Settings. The easiest way is to click the start button and then the gear icon. Alternately, you can press the Windows key + i on your keyboard.
- Click on Update & Security
- From here, you can see if your PC has any updates available under the Windows Update tab. This is also where you will see definition updates for Windows Defender if they are available.
- Select Windows Security and then click the button at the top of the page labeled Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection
If you want to save some time or your start menu isn’t working correctly, you can use Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box and type “windows defender” and then pressing enter.
If your malware or virus issue hasn’t already been resolved, a more in-depth scan can be run.
- Select Scan options to get started.
- Select the radio button (the small circle) next to the Windows Defender Offline scan Keep in mind, this option will take around 15 minutes if not more and will require your PC to restart. Be sure to save any work before proceeding.
- Click Scan now
This is how you can remove all the Malware/Viruses present on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop. If you find any difficulty in removing virus/malware from your PC/Laptop mention it in the comment section below. For more news on Tech and Cybersecurity subscribe to our newsletter from here