Here is how you can Remotely Power off your Android Smartphone by just sending an SMS or a Phone Call?
Is it possible to remotely power off an Android Smartphone with just an SMS or a Call? Yes, in this tutorial we will show you how you can power off your Android Smartphone remotely. There are multiple emergency situations where this kind of hacks can save your life and time. It is better to know that for using this trick your Android Smartphone must be rooted. Rooting your Android Smartphone voids the warranty of your phone and can also grant some root permissions that can put you in some trouble.
There are multiple apps and tricks that can benefit you having a rooted smartphone. So let’s get further to our tutorial and learn how you can Power off your Android Smartphone by just sending an SMS or a Phone Call?
How to power off your Android Smartphone with an SMS?
To remotely power off your Android Smartphone with an SMS you need to download a REMOTE POWER OFF APP, Download the Zip file from here and install the apk.
- After installing the app, Open the Remote Power off app from app drawer.
- Type the current password as null
- Type the new password of your choice and confirm it again and click on change secret code.
- Now you will be asked for the root permission, Press Grant
- Now you just need to send the Secret Code as an SMS to your Mobile Number
- Your Android Smartphone will power off as soon as the SMS arrives
How to power off your Android Smartphone with a Phone call?
To remotely power off your Android Smartphone with a phone call you need to download the Automateit app from Google Play.
- Open the Automateit app
- Grant the root permission
- Next, select ‘My Rules’ and tap on the (+) icon.
- Tap on the ‘Call State Trigger’
- Select Incoming Call
- Select the contact by which you want to call and power off your Android Smartphone
- Tap on ‘Next’ and on the next screen, select ‘Shutdown Device Action’
- Give a name to the Rule and save it
This is how you can remotely power off your Android Smartphone by just an SMS or a Phone call. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.