How to Re-Partition Internal Memory Lenovo S890
How to Re-Partition Internal Memory Lenovo S890 – One characteristic of Smartphone with MTK 6577 chipset is it has limited internal storage, On Lenovo S890 it only has 755 MB for internal storage. Today i will posting a guide on how to re-partition your Lenovo S890 so after following this guide you will has around 2,5 GB space for internal storage. In this guide we will take phone storage space which is 1.5 GB and give it to internal storage, so after finish this guide you will found that your phone storage is only has 19 MB space left and it will be hidden from you.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Legends (To be Remember, So you not confused) :
- Internal Storage is where your applications will be storage, in explorer is known as /data, on below picture and every picture in this guide it known as System Storage. but i will call it Internal Storage because it used to call that way.
- Phone Storage is where you can place your documents, data, music, picture and etc. in explorer it known as sdcard1, When your device connect to computer this will become USB Storage. But on below picture and every picture in this guide it known as Internal Storage. but i will call it Phone Storage because it used to call that way.
- Your Lenovo S890 must has been ROOTED and already installed with custom recovery, You can use TWRP, CWM, or LEWA recovery. If you don’t know how to do it please refer to How to Rooting Lenovo S890, TWRP Installation Guide
- Don’t do this guide if you already update to Android 4.4.2, this only work for Android 4.2 or lower. Please confirm it with your About Phone
- Go to your System Setting ↦ Storage ↦ select SD card on Default Memory option.
- Move all important files on the Phone Storage to your SD card or to your computer.
- Data_sdcard_19 ↦ This file will partition your device to 2.5 GB Internal Storage and 19 MB Phone Storage
- Data_sdcard_restore ↦ This file will back your partition to default.
- vold.fstab ↦ This is optional file for hide 19 MB Phone Storage from user.
- vold.fstab_restore ↦ This is optional file for show the Phone Storage partition.
- Download all required files, save it to your computer. For easy organize please place it to one folder. Don’t unzip it, it need to be zip.
- Move or copy Data_sdcard_19 and vold.fstab to your sd card, vold.fstab is optional you can copy it or not because it just to hide the Phone Storage partition so users cannot view it.
- Reboot your phone to Recovery Mode. If you don’t know how to do it just turn off your phone, the turn on with hold and press Power Button + Volume Down button until you can see TWRP / CWM main menu.
- On recovery mode main menu, select Backup ↦ select System, Data, Cache or for safe select all. Use external SD card for save backup files, if you use CWM it will automatic backup all and save to external SD card on folder /ClockworkMod/Backup/
- After finish, Back to main menu again and now select Install ↦ Use SD Card ↦ point it to Data_sdcard_19, this process only take 5-10 seconds. Don’t Reboot select Cache/Dalvik Cache or Home
- After finish now back to main menu again, select Wipe ↦ Cache, Dalvik Cache and Factory Reset, If you got “Failed error/emmc” then please use advanced wipe and wipe it one by one.
- Don’t reboot first, back to main menu again select Restore ↦ Advanced Restore ↦ select just Data and Cache to restore. Wait until restore process finish completely.
- Back to main menu again select Reboot
- The first booting will take sometime, After successful booting it will give information about “Internal SDCard Damage” and ask to be format click Yes, this will format your 19 MB Phone Storage
- Finish, Look at your System Setting ↦ Storage
- When you need to hide 19 MB Phone Storage then just install vold.fstab like step 5. Now enjoy your bigger storage.