How to Re-Partition Internal Memory on Lenovo S820 – Many users still experiencing a problems when used Lenovo S820, especially problem about not enough memory when installing a program. Lenovo S820 4GB has internal storage like about 1,5 GB this internal storage has function like our SD Card, So it kind of wasting space because we are already has SD Card with bigger space so why we need internal storage that just only has 1,5 GB. On today guide we gone re-partition our Lenovo S820 so it can has bigger System Storage for accommodate a lot programs.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Your Lenovo S820 must has been ROOTED. For rooting Lenovo S820 you can read in this Rooting Lenovo S820 for Modification
- With custom recovery already installed, CWM or TWRP is needed in this guide. Custom recovery installation can be read in How to Installing Custom Recovery TWRP v188.8.131.52 for Lenovo S820 4/8 GB
- I don’t ever try this method for Vibe UI v1.5 Android Kit Kat, This only ever been tested on Android 4.2 or lower but if you has guts you can try this on Vibe UI v1.5
- SD Card set as default Memory, go to Settings ↦ Storage ↦ Default Disk
- Backup your SD Card data to your computer, in case any problem occur.
- If failed on this tutorial your device will be brick and can only be fix with re-flashing your ROM.
- Make sure your SD Cad has at least 2-4 GB free space, this is for Nandroid Backup space. Install Mateos MTK6589 Rom Edit – 4 GB on your device, if any security warning just ignore and continued to install.
- Now reboot your device to Recovery Mode, remember must use CWM or TWRP because lenovo stock recovery don’t have backup / restore function. On recovery mode, select Backup ↦ Swipe to Backup
- After finish backup process, reboot your device normally. Run Mateos MTK6589 Rom Edit – 4 GB and press Allow when it asking for root permission.
- On the application there is list an available partition size than can be handle by the applications, For Lenovo S820 4 GB the choose is only 2.00GiB /data partition or 2.5GiB /data partition in this guide i am choose the middle range 2.00 GiB /data partition but you can also pick the other one. I don’t recommended to pick larger than 2.5GiB /data partition. Select the partition that you wanna to apply to your device, confirm all warning with pressing Yes
- After finish, reboot to recovery mode again, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Back to recovery mode main menu select Restore ↦ Advanced Restore ↦ Restore Data only, point to backup file from step 2
- Reboot, Done. After finish when you see any notification that told SD Card damage, just click and Format your SD Card (Internal SD Card).
- If you stuck on Lenovo Logo, Remove the battery and do SD Card Wipe. If any warning to format SD Card (External SD Card) please format it. Because this problem i as you to backup your SD Card data to your computer first.